God's Speed HMAS Warramunga

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
20060831ran8297357_160141_lo.jpg

HMAS Warramunga and her company of 184 set sail yesterday for the Persian Gulf from Australia.

Happy hunting to them all. I don't know what "Warramunga" means but I like the sound of it. May God bless her and her crew.

DTop said:
Happy hunting to them all. I don't know what "Warramunga" means but I like the sound of it. May God bless her and her crew.
The WARRAMUNGA name is derived from the Warramunga (also spelt Warumungu) Aboriginal people from the Tennant Creek area [Australia] and the ship's badge depicts a fearsome Warumungu tribesman about to throw a boomerang.

For more info on this Frigate go here
source: http://www.navy.gov.au/ships/warramunga/default.html

The WARRAMUNGA name is derived from the Warramunga (also spelt Warumungu) Aboriginal people from the Tennant Creek area [Australia] and the ship's badge depicts a fearsome Warumungu tribesman about to throw a boomerang.

The ironic thing is that Tennant Creek is about as far from the sea as you can get.... and the creek at Tennant Creek, is one of those fancy outback "water free" creeks.

:avi: Just pay some repect if you havent,I always wish sailors of allied nations of The US good luck on any cruise.

But to help anwer your question,It may be the Ballast,the Nimitz,AKA one of those fat mothers in the USN,also does the same thing,heck ships in the Savvanah River near where I live do that too,The Crews mess around with the Ballast ,making adjustments before the cruise,in order to get it adjusted for their current load or mission in this case.

Oh and any Austrailian Military members who read this,good chioce in the Sea Hawk ,I love that Chopper,very versitile and has many uses!

You'd probably find she's listing because she is completing a turn..... we aren't in the habit of sending lop-sided ships to war:smile:

Back