The godfather game

I am a great fan of the Godfather movie and now a game about this movie is coming out

however, the game is a bit different from other movie-based games

the missions are not linear, where you are in a plot
this game is more like a GTA one with a free roaming world and you get to do all sorts of things, missions, robbing banks, extortion

here is the site, the game is coming on on March 21st

http://www.ea.com/official/godfather/godfather/us/home.jsp

you gonna play on PC or Xbox?
cuz the blackhand control thing requires controller rather than keyboard and mouse, but PC will offer better graphics...

i think when xb0x360 version comes out, this delimma will be resolved

chinese-canadian said:
you gonna play on PC or Xbox?
cuz the blackhand control thing requires controller rather than keyboard and mouse, but PC will offer better graphics...

i think when xb0x360 version comes out, this delimma will be resolved

XBOX, I don't do PC games too much anymore...it costs so much to keep the systems updated, and I get pissy when they run slowly.

Screen shots look good for the XBOX, and if the game is good to go I'll get it for the 360 in July.

i know...like the xbox costs like 600$-800$ (different packages) and its performance equals to a computer costs at least 2500$ USD....

and plus you get to play on a HDTV...

the only thing I dont like about XBOX is its controller, cuz I am sort of used to the mouse-keyboard combination (traditional CS style fighting)

chinese-canadian said:
i know...like the xbox costs like 600$-800$ (different packages) and its performance equals to a computer costs at least 2500$ USD....

Whoa, I paid 250 USD for my XBOX and 400 USD for my XBOX 360. But yeah, it's twice as expensive to get even the basics for these new games on a PC.

the only thing I dont like about XBOX is its controller, cuz I am sort of used to the mouse-keyboard combination (traditional CS style fighting)

I don't mind the controller anymore. It took me awhile to get used to it, but once I did it felt like second nature. I like that on most games you can adjust the sensitivity of the thumbsticks. Gotta say, I miss the original controller, they were larger and me being a big guy, they fit better in my hands than the new ones. I have to buy the old ones on Ebay now, I spent time stocking up on them before I left for my last deployment. Now I've got 15 in all, which should last me at least a few years, IF I don't throw any. :mrgreen:

400USD for your xbox 360..and you have it now!!?....dude..how did you get your xbox 360.....my order on EB (the 699 package) will ship in may or something according to the EB guy..

all i can say is "you lucky bastard"

on the controller thing, I am sort of used to the rapid moving of aim from one point to another, so right now I am like plugging in a controller into my computer and practise to use the analog stick ( I dont really like the auto-aim opition very much....dont think that is skill)

chinese-canadian said:
400USD for your xbox 360..and you have it now!!?....dude..how did you get your xbox 360.....my order on EB (the 699 package) will ship in may or something according to the EB guy..

all i can say is "you lucky bastard"

I had it pre-ordered from the start,had a friend pick it up for me as I was deployed when it was actually released, and got a discount bringing it from 480 and change to 400 and change. It came with the hard drive, wireless controller, headset, DVD remote. No games.

( I dont really like the auto-aim opition very much....dont think that is skill)

Agree there. Auto-aim stinks, and it's too slow.

Im going to wait for some reviews

Games based on movies tend to stink, with a couple of exceptions...

I'm going to be able to play a little this week, I'll let you guys know what I think. Since I'm TDY, not sure how much time I'll get with it, but will give some intial impressions at least.

Edit: First impressions:

Great character customization, from hair to tweaking facial features (down to the eye shape, jaw size, chin, all very deep).

The story line is following the movie thus far.

Controls are good, it's got auto aim and a free aim option. Depending on where you hit the guy dictates his reaction. Shot to the head, he goes away. Shoot him in the knee caps, he falls down, cries for a bit and gets back up.

The driving sucks, it's sort of like they threw it in there just "because." Physics aren't horrible, but again, there's not much to it. You drive from point A to point B, then back to point A. Sometimes you drive while cops or bad guys are chasing you and shooting at you. You can't really get away, so you just put up with them slamming into you for the whole trip.

Like with GTA, you can buy hideouts all over the city (these are where you save your games).

Graphics look great, the Don, Sonny, Tom Hagen, Michael and all of the other loveable Godfather characters are spot on, they even got some of the original guys to do the voices.

I give the story (so far) an A+ I mean, it IS the Godfather.

Overall gameplay, I give it a B. The driving really does take a lot out of it. And it's a little more linear than they claimed, but not too bad.

*The different styles of executing people rocks*

Last edited:
Back