God and Nazis - Page 2

--

November 12th, 2004  
Patrick

The Germans were indeed Christian, but Hitler implemented his own twisted version with himself as "God"...on another note, a book called "To the Death's Head Be True" is very interesting. Disusses the creation of the master race, breeding rituals, etc with the "SS".
Patrick
November 12th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
The Germans were indeed Christian, but Hitler implemented his own twisted version with himself as "God"...on another note, a book called "To the Death's Head Be True" is very interesting. Disusses the creation of the master race, breeding rituals, etc with the "SS".
Agreed. Hitler called himself a demigod. There are plenty of archives of photos and videos of nazis cult rituals and Hitler at the center of it.
November 12th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

well maybe they were not that true to the ss
--
November 13th, 2004  
Cadet_Shelton

Maybe when i become a facist dictator i too can declare myself god!
November 13th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, I think that everyone is missing the other side of the coin of what a Nazi is:

The were very conservative and very religious -- to a degree. The whole "thou shalt not kill" doesn't seem to have gotten through, but otherwise they heavily promoted religion and the conservative values that went with that. Women weren't supposed to work and were to stay at home and see to their families. A long list of excesses were discouraged or prohibitted, etc. It was for this reason that the Nazi Party was seen as very appealing -- "restore the Fatherland to its former greatness by returning to proven traditions, values and hard work", would sum up part of how they promoted themselves. At face value, they're message was very appealing. Much like any modern extremist religious sect.
November 13th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

good one thunder, but about "thau shall not kill"
I think they took it as not kill "true" germans only rule
November 15th, 2004  
Schwul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrecy

Quote:
I want to see Enemy at the Gates, so bad!
The movie twists the facts of the legendary Russian Sniper Vasili Sniper. If your looking for hardhitting war movies like Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the Gates is not the one. Although the beginning sequences of Enemy of the Gates is indeed powerful and awesome, the rest is junk. The unnecessary love story made it really really bad.
Ugh...I didn't hear about the love story business. I loathe when people do that to a good story... didn't they do that in Pearl Harbor?
November 15th, 2004  
Schwul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Patrick
Oh, that does sound nifty! To Amazon.com I go!!
November 15th, 2004  
Schwul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet_Shelton
Maybe when i become a facist dictator i too can declare myself god!
Well, damn. Now what am I to do? Umm... Can I be your henchman? XD