Go Tell it to the Marines - Page 2

--

June 30th, 2005  
bulldogg

Sorry, USMC03, my usage of the word "you" was in the general sense, not directed back at YOU. I am not attempting to mentor anyone on this forum. A forum is a place for discussion of ideas and that is all I am doing, nothing personal and no agenda. I am looking for answers as much as I might try to give them. Sorry if I have offended you.

Suppression of dissenting views by any means is a tool of totalitarianism.
July 6th, 2005  
therise21

if you are so concerned with getting all sides of the story, why is it that you continue to post from only one source? where is the news from CNN the BBC and others besides scott ritter?
July 6th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
just because its from the other side does not make a story accurate or reliable. Its like saying we should take into consideration what the national enquirer says just because its contradictory to the LA Times.
Indeed however the source of information doesnt necesarily make the story inaccurate nor unreliable either.
--
July 6th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Is a guy from China really preaching around about how the americans should look for free sources of information?
July 6th, 2005  
bulldogg

Yes, Italian guy, an American in China is. What of it?
July 6th, 2005  
DTop

Now gents, let's not get personal. I'd bet Italian Guy doesn't know your situation bulldogg. Not much in your profile to explain it, just the Chinese flag.
Let's (all of us) not let this discussion get away from us, OK? Thanks for your cooperation.
July 7th, 2005  
bulldogg

Oh yeah... hehehe, forgot about that, will rectify shortly.
July 7th, 2005  
Italian Guy

I'm sorry Bulldog - thought you were Chinese. It's just that I'm weird enough to believe that the US enjoys more freedom of information than PRC does. My bad.
July 8th, 2005  
bulldogg

Apologies accepted and I apologise for attempting to bite yer head off too. The US does enjoy more freedom of information than the PRC but with a proxy server and little persistence you can see it all. The CPC recognises that knowledge is power and it closely monitors what it allows in. I have been highly critical of this but have reconsidered that perhaps there is good reason for it in light of recent events. What made me rethink it was the story of the Koran and the subsequent worldwide protests. There were no protests in China despite its large and unhappy Uighur population because that story was censored. Considering the large number of Uighur knife salesmen around my place of employment and the fact I am a large highly noticeable white guy walking around in southern China... I am glad they censored it.
July 8th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: LOL

Italian Guy, you assume Chinese have no idea of what Democracy and Freedom are. I think you ook down Chinese people a bit much. Not allowed to speak freely, does not equal to inability to understand and express.

I don't know. I am sensing that you just so hyped up with Americanism, and willing to trash everything that is not-American or non-western way of thinking.

One thing for sure, no matter how advance you are, you still can learn a thing or two from your perceived "incapables". Please, come back down to earth, earthlin'!