Glock

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
A while back I test fired a Glock, 9mm. It was the first time I hold and fired a Glock, the police here shifted from the SIG to the Glock and I got the opportunity to toss some rounds down range. I was told it was a Glock 40, but when I did my homework (visiting Glock's website) I realized it was probably a Glock 17 due to the capacity of the magazine. So what was my impressions of firing a Glock? I have fired handguns before, even if I am not so fond of handguns and not actively searching for the opportunity to fire them, but if I get the opportunity, I take it.

I was impressed with the weight of the handgun, it was fun to fire it. I disliked the safety of it, I want a switch on firearms and it was not comfortable to hold. I would prefer another grip. My hand is not a Glockhand, if I can use that term

I have never liked the Glock even though I sold plenty of them. I don't like the automatic safeties, I prefer a manual on/off switch, its too easy to convert to fully auto, the trigger pull is horrendous and the sights are a cheap and cheerful plastic. My choice every time would be a Colt 45ACP, if I run out of rounds I want to be able to beat someone to death with it not bounce a piece of plastic off their heads.

My 2 cents worth.

I looked up other handguns and even if I have never fired one, the S&W M&P seems to be a nice one when it has interchangeable grips, probably other handguns have that too

I looked up other handguns and even if I have never fired one, the S&W M&P seems to be a nice one when it has interchangeable grips, probably other handguns have that too

Rubber grips can be fitted to most handguns, I fitted them to my 45 ACP Colt, much more comfortable then the original factory grips. The Browning Hi Power is another excellent pistol, the British Army used them right from WW2 to recently when they opted for the Sig. Both the the Colt and the Browning are single action which when carried cocked and locked are far quicker into action then the double action pistols on the market.

I owned two S&W pistols in UK (when they were legal), I can't say I was fond of them, I sold them both and bought a Colt 45

Swedish military never had a handgun when I was in the army; it tried for a while with the 9mm ammunition for the SMG, which ended up with a lot of destroyed handguns and at times they took the shooters fingers with them when they deteriorate. The Swedish 9mm ammunition is something you guys shall not load into a handgun, it is called M39 if I remember correctly, however, the risk for you guys to get hold of Swedish 9mm ammunition is pretty slim, I suppose.

Swedish military never had a handgun when I was in the army; it tried for a while with the 9mm ammunition for the SMG, which ended up with a lot of destroyed handguns and at times they took the shooters fingers with them when they deteriorate. The Swedish 9mm ammunition is something you guys shall not load into a handgun, it is called M39 if I remember correctly, however, the risk for you guys to get hold of Swedish 9mm ammunition is pretty slim, I suppose.

The ammunition used in the British Browning Hi Powers was the same as used in the Sterling SMG (my last issue weapon) which was the Mk2Z, a very high pressure 9mm Parabellum. The Browning's handled the pressures far better then most other designs, but a steady and often diet of the stuff would shake the Browning's to pieces. Browning's were only issued to military and RAF police and certain officers, including aircrew if my memory is correct. There was a lot of Mk2Z sold on the civilian market in the 1960's which totally destroyed P08 Lugers for those owners who were daft enough to buy the stuff

The Swedes used a handgun similar as the Luger 09 for a while, but they went out when so many of them were destroyed. Modern handguns are probably better and take the punishment from these two 9mm, but I wouldn't count on it.

If I ever buy me a handgun, I would probably go after the one that feels comfortable and not pay much attention to the brand of it

I have fired two S&M revolvers; a 357M and a M44, three 9mm, the Glock, a Czech one, I don't remember the name of it, but I think it was called a CZ, and a Brazilian one, Tangfolio or something like that.

Then a bunch of 22, but I don't remember the brands.

Rifles; we shall not go there because it is impossible for me to remember all of them

The Swedes used a handgun similar as the Luger 09 for a while, but they went out when so many of them were destroyed. Modern handguns are probably better and take the punishment from these two 9mm, but I wouldn't count on it.

If I ever buy me a handgun, I would probably go after the one that feels comfortable and not pay much attention to the brand of it

I have fired two S&M revolvers; a 357M and a M44, three 9mm, the Glock, a Czech one, I don't remember the name of it, but I think it was called a CZ, and a Brazilian one, Tangfolio or something like that.

Then a bunch of 22, but I don't remember the brands.

Rifles; we shall not go there because it is impossible for me to remember all of them

The CZ75 is a brilliant double action pistol, a family friend worked at Enfield Lock Royal Small Arms factory, apart from being on the SA80 design team he did a lot of R&D work testing firearms from all over the world, he reckoned the CZ75 was almost indestructible.

The CZ75 is a brilliant double action pistol, a family friend worked at Enfield Lock Royal Small Arms factory, apart from being on the SA80 design team he did a lot of R&D work testing firearms from all over the world, he reckoned the CZ75 was almost indestructible.

I have heard the price level is pretty good in comparison to other handguns too. HK is one of the most expensive of them all, but German stuff normally is, good though.

I must correct myself I called the S&W, S&M and that's something totally different, both can be equally fun,

CZ also built a 45 ACP model which while very good was very bulky, they also do a 40 S&W version of the CZ75.

The Colt 45 ACP is still in my opinion one of the best designs its been copied by many manufacturers, even S&W. I am a huge fan of single action carried cocked and locked.

CZ also built a 45 ACP model which while very good was very bulky, they also do a 40 S&W version of the CZ75.

The Colt 45 ACP is still in my opinion one of the best designs its been copied by many manufacturers, even S&W. I am a huge fan of single action carried cocked and locked.

I have never fired a Colt 45 ACP, but I will if I get the opportunity. I am not so particularly fond of handguns, but it begins to change. It was so fun to fire this Glock, even if I will never buy me one. I would buy a handgun that fits my hands and if it has a safety switch, that was my major concern about the Glock. The two assault rifles (the Swedish version of the German G3 and the Swedish version or the Belgian FNC) I was issued had safety switches and that might be why I don't like firearms without any.

Personally I like a pistol that is compact, out of the way, and ultra reliable. For me that pistol is the Glock 19. It is by far the finest pistol I have ever fired.

Yup, I concur, had one with extra cap magazines and night sights. That gun just plain shot incredible. It loved 115 +p Corbon HP ammo, or anything you asked it to shoot. Week moment, I sold it.:(

When the Glock pistol was first introduced it was quite revolutionary, It was a molded polymer pistol with a unique firing mechanism. There had been polymer pistols before; H&K had introduced the concept, but it didn't take. The Glock caught on quickly in the U.S. because the company offered deep discounts to law enforcement agencies and officers.
That was then, this is now.
Most manufacturers have caught on to the advantages of a polymer molded pistol. the firing mechanism is no longer unique; all patents have expired by now and it is widely copied. Glock deserves credit for innovation and original thought, however their product is no longer unique and no longer PERFECTION.
Many other handguns have gone beyond the original design and have incorporated important features that improves the safety and performance of the handgun. An example is the Smith and Wesson Military and Police pistol. This is essentially, the Glock perfected, although it took S&W thirty years to do it!
Glock deserves to be credited as a revolutionary design like the Colt revolver and like the Colt revolver, it has been surpassed.

I carried the Browning 9mm when I served with the Royal Military Police, it was a capable sidearm and sufficient for my needs in Germany. ;)

Back