View Poll Results :Glock or Beretta?
Glock 8 72.73%
Beretta 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

--

August 17th, 2004  
Keist IV

Topic: Glock or Beretta?

Which do you like better? The Beretta 92 or the Glock 17/19. Just curious as to what people like better. I personally like the Glock 22C as it packs more wallop with the .40 S & W than the 9mm does. Also I like the 22C because it is ported and with the lighter frame Glock, it helps to get back on target quicker. Plus at night there is a really cool V flame that comes out of the barrel porting
August 17th, 2004  

I'd have to say Glock. It's designed to function as good as possible, under any circumstances. It ways less and holds more ammo.

Now I'd better stop because I sound like a commercial....
August 17th, 2004  
Keist IV

That is ok. Yes, they are workhorses. My first Glock took one hell of an abuse. And yes, more ammo
--
August 18th, 2004  
SLR owner

The Beretta slightly , although I think the SIG P226 is better than both of the others.

August 18th, 2004  
Keist IV

Yes the Sig is nice but I am still a Glock fanatic. Ugly as sin and not real classy like the ol' 1911 but it is simple, strong and accurate. 6000 rounds through my first model 22C and not a single jam. Got dirtier than dirt but no jams.

Check this out

www.fullautoglock.net
August 18th, 2004  
5CAV

I vote for Glock over Beretta (even though the Beretta is available in .40 S&W). Simpler controls means less likelihood of "brain fade". Also, it's rock-solid reliable.

Quote:
Plus at night there is a really cool V flame that comes out of the barrel porting
Yes, the flame comes out on either side of the front sight. This is fun if your Glock is a toy -- this is a REALLY BAD IDEA if you are using your Glock as a PDW. Picture this: you run into three bad guys at night; you draw your Glock (hopefully with night sights); put the front sight on the greatest threat; pull trigger -- NO MORE NIGHT VISION! Where are the other two bad guys?
August 18th, 2004  
Keist IV

Good point 5CAV, my 22C is a toy but I bought it to use more than the standard 22. I think I will go back to the trusty ol' model 22 with the night sights for my main sidearm. Thanks man, you might have saved my life. Night vision good, blinded and then dead, BAD.
August 18th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keist IV
Good point 5CAV, my 22C is a toy but I bought it to use more than the standard 22. I think I will go back to the trusty ol' model 22 with the night sights for my main sidearm. Thanks man, you might have saved my life. Night vision good, blinded and then dead, BAD.
It is possible to learn something useful on the net!
August 18th, 2004  
silent driller

I honestly have no idea about either of them but I will say the Beretta because it has a more ly sounding name
August 18th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Berreta