Global Warming -

Many of the scientist I've met had a hidden Doctor Faustus living in them. Blinded by their knowledge and pride in their own work, they discard the views of others without blinking.
With knowledge often comes vanity and it is this vanity that makes so many different views on one topic possible. The problem for the man in the street is; whom to believe? Odds are that one of the scientist will be right :s

Look at that IPCC report. Instead of admitting that their findings weren't 100% on the dot they preferred to spin their results. And what is the end result? The entire conversation has gone down the drain even though it is a conversation which is worth having. Because the earth is heating up and their will be dire consequences!

Last edited:
Chukpike. Ooops!... :lol: It looks like I stepped in my own cack there.

Yes Ted, vanity and greed are the two biggest factor in this debate.

Last edited:
Didn't the hole in the ozone layer decrease in size after scientists convinced us to remove products that contained CFCs.

Are you saying all climatologists are part of a vast conspiracy to fabricate global warming?

Are you saying all climatologists are part of a vast conspiracy to fabricate global warming?

Nope..... All I am saying is that there is an occurrence going on and our scientists can't decide what causes it. They are clueless about the exact causes and have no viable answer. So what do they do; they claim that they have the correct answer and all other opinions are wrong.

Nope..... All I am saying is that there is an occurrence going on and our scientists can't decide what causes it. They are clueless about the exact causes and have no viable answer. So what do they do; they claim that they have the correct answer and all other opinions are wrong.
They do know that certain gasses can greatly affect a planet's temperature. Venus is much hotter than it should be according to it's distance to the sun, and the only possible culprit is the $*!* ton of CO2 in it's atmosphere, the same applies to the earth, which is 15-25 something (I'll need to check again) degrees warmer than it should be based on our distance to the sun alone, which again is primarily caused by CO2, water vapor, and methane working in concert.

Climatologists, get it? How did they get their "Degrees" Now, That's funny!:-D
Good one, senojekips.

They got them from "GLOBAL WARMING"!:lol:
That pun is so awful that it should be classified as a cruel and unusual punishment.

And a perfect torture device.

Didn't the hole in the ozone layer decrease in size after scientists convinced us to remove products that contained CFCs.

No, and you will find perhaps that your time will be better spent sticking to the facts, rather than attempting to put words in my mouth.

No one has said that in this thread. What is debatable about this, is whether it is man who is causing this Climate change, also whether man can control it.

As for CFCs, it was stated unequivocally by the supporters of this theory, that should we stop all use of CFCs it would take a minimum of 50 years before any effect would be seen.

It was also said by others that any decent sized tropical thunderstorm released more ozone deleting nitrous oxide into the atmosphere than any months total production of CFCs world wide This was only slightly offset by the production of a much smaller amount of ozone at the same time. At any given time there are literally hundreds of these storms going on around the globe.

So man's usage of CFCs should have had an almost negligible effect on the ozone layer.

I just wanted to get some opinions on Global warming. From what I have gathered it seems to be a naturally occurring phenomenon. Astronomers and scientists have actually discovered warming and cooling patterns on planets that to our knowledge don't even have a single life form residing on them.

So if it is a natural thing, then why are the governments of our world so pushy about it? If pollution is causing global warming on earth, what in the HE Double Hockey Sticks is causing it on other planets?

Perhaps dwindling natural resources, and nations looking to scare people into rationing things?

Just looking to get some other people's views on this subject, and if they think governments play a role in it. Or maybe we are just filling the earth up with trash and its overheating...lol.

If you look back at previous threads you will find this subject has been extensively discussed and usually ends up in a brawling match!

There is quality information available away from the politically oriented blogs. One of the best and easiest to understand which answer your questions are here, these reference the peer reviewed literature from qualified scientists, so there is no excuse for ignorance. Just type your questions in search here, eg planets, hockey stick etc

http://www.skepticalscience.com/search.php?Search=planets&x=9&y=9

another good source is Peter Sinclairs videos 'Climate Crock of the Week' on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/greenman3610

What do you feel is behind all of this?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

http://www.desmogblog.com/climate-cover-up

The Real Conspiracy behind Global Warming

Last edited:

But not knowing what causes something is vastly different to denying something is happening because we don't know what causes it.

Back