Glasses

BCG Glasses

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/4402/pics_2.html

There's a pic on this website, 2nd one down on the left, with 2 Army guys in their BCG's. The only good thing about the things is that everyone has to wear them, so you are definitely not alone! They take a little time getting used to because they're so thick and heavy, but you grow accustomed to them. This isn't to say that everyone was more than happy to get rid of them as soon as they were out of training! I have a pic of them not on a person, but can't get it to show up on the post. However, I can send it to you if you want to see. Hope this helps.

The most effective birth control device known to man.

I think when you get into the service though, you can use your own glasses. Which will be good. I think it will be smart to invest in some actual sports glasses. Not only are they durable, but they will be probably more comfortable and I'd say go with the variety that uses the elastic band going around your head. It'll prevent glasses from slipping off.
Invest in more than one pair.
That's just the advice of a guy who done sports though. Although now I wear contacts for those and I know contact lenses are highly unrecommended for anyone in the field due to hygene and irritation problems.

Anyways if any military people have different opinions, please post here and correct me.
Thanks.

You will definitely want to take them off as soon as you can.....some tech schools or specialty schools (or whatever your branch will call them) make you wear them until you're in the real, actual military. If you're active at all, or have a military job that requires you to be physical, you will want some type of sports glasses. It's always good to have more than one pair, too. On my deployment checklist it calls for 2 pairs in addition to contacts if you have them.

The Army and Airforce have a program called Frame of Choice, where they give you a number of choices. You are issued the basic "BCG" frames for deployment, but can also get the Frame of Choice glasses free of charge from the Optical Clinic...

The website showing the various frame styles is here:

http://138.143.250.101/nostra/frames.cfm#3

This is the website of the lab that makes the frames and ships them all over the world to the various optical clinics.

Back