Give That Private a Promotion!

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
MY INFANTRY BATTALION conducted winter patrols of the Korean Demilitarized Zone. On a blustery morning, a senior officer known for his off-the-wall questions was inspecting an outgoing squad. "Private," he demanded of one soldier, "if you were on patrol and saw some tanks barreling over that ridge, what would you do?"

"Sir, I would call in a squadron of Apache attack helicopters," was the private's quick reply.

"Where in hell are you going to get a squadron of Apaches?"

"The same place you got your tanks, sir."

--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by 2nd Lt. Bob McAleer

Provided Courtesy of Reader's Digest.

Told this one at work, oddly I was the only one to laugh. I sometimes think the people I work with have a very warped sense of humor. They laugh at someone breaking an ankle and give him crap about it, but a funny little story they just stare..blankly...like they are brainwashed..or something..

AJChenMPH said:
MY INFANTRY BATTALION conducted winter patrols of the Korean Demilitarized Zone. On a blustery morning, a senior officer known for his off-the-wall questions was inspecting an outgoing squad. "Private," he demanded of one soldier, "if you were on patrol and saw some tanks barreling over that ridge, what would you do?"

"Sir, I would call in a squadron of Apache attack helicopters," was the private's quick reply.

"Where in hell are you going to get a squadron of Apaches?"

"The same place you got your tanks, sir."

--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by 2nd Lt. Bob McAleer

Provided Courtesy of Reader's Digest.
lol good answer.:lol:

Marinerhodes said:
Told this one at work, oddly I was the only one to laugh. I sometimes think the people I work with have a very warped sense of humor. They laugh at someone breaking an ankle and give him crap about it, but a funny little story they just stare..blankly...like they are brainwashed..or something..

got that right. When I broke my collarbone, I got off the ground intending to murder the nearest schmuck laughing his head off at me. Unfortunately, he's a good friend and a sometimes source of income:biggun:

Back