Giuliani Leads Hillary in Possible 2008 Presidential Duel

phoenix80

Banned
Giuliani Leads Hillary in Possible 2008 Presidential Duel

Angus Reid Consultants ^ | November 21, 2005 | Canisius College

(Angus Reid Global Scan) – Republican Rudy Giuliani would defeat Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton in the 2008 United States presidential election, according to a poll by Canisius College. 49 per cent of respondents would vote for the former New York City mayor, while 34 per cent would support the Empire State’s junior U.S. senator.

In a sample of decided voters, Giuliani holds a 16-point lead over Rodham Clinton.

Giuliani garnered national and international attention in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In 2000, Giuliani withdrew from a campaign to the U.S. Senate—where he would have faced Rodham Clinton—after being diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Rodham Clinton—a former first lady—was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2000, defeating Republican Rick Lazio by 12 per cent. She ruled out a presidential bid in 2004.

Republican George W. Bush is ineligible for a third term in office. The next presidential election is scheduled for November 2008.

Polling Data

Let’s jump ahead to the presidential election in 2008. If that election for president were being held today, and the candidates were Hillary Rodham Clinton the Democrat, Rudy Guiliani the Republican., for whom would you vote?

All Voters Decided Voters

Rudy Giuliani (R) 49% 54%

Hillary Rodham Clinton (D) 34% 38%

Someone else 7% 8%

Undecided / Don’t know 9% --

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewItem/itemID/9939

Thats assuming the GOP decides to nominate Guiliani, hell would freeze over first. He is too liberal to be a GOP Presential candidate. He'd have a better chance as a Democrat. He was a good mayor, and I voted for him twice, but you should know he's a very nasty guy and he has alot of enemies in both parties. I also think NYC mayor to President is a very large jump. I would prefer to see him as a govornor or senetor first.

I would like Michael Moore as a presidential candidate. Let's change a nut for a nut, but with quite another angle! I mean... if you want to be excentric why stop with Bush?

Back