GIRLIES

--

September 8th, 2004  
webs

Topic: GIRLIES

when i join the marines, wil i be able to date other marines?
September 8th, 2004  
GUNNER

Well i don't know about the American army but the Canadians don't have anything against dating within the units.

GUNNER
September 8th, 2004  
Senses Failed

Yea, there's nothing against that. But you just can't go out of your rank structure. Like I can't be dating an officer unless we were previously dating prior to that(I belive).

I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, though I don't recommend you dating anyone in your unit.
--
September 8th, 2004  
Caffeine

The policy is very debatable. E to O is highly frowned upon as well as people within your Chain of Command. Dating within divisions happens quite often actually but the only people that get nailed for it is the people who really have no tact about it. Just keep it on the D/L and you will be fine. If you do get married to a girl in the service you will be seperated if you are serving together.
September 8th, 2004  
Senses Failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
The policy is very debatable. E to O is highly frowned upon as well as people within your Chain of Command. Dating within divisions happens quite often actually but the only people that get nailed for it is the people who really have no tact about it. Just keep it on the D/L and you will be fine. If you do get married to a girl in the service you will be seperated if you are serving together.
Sometimes. I have two Marines working in my shop that are married and they've been working together for awhile now. I think it all depends on what MOS you're in or what your command says.
September 8th, 2004  
c/Commander

You can't serve in the same chain of command as a spouse. You can, however, serve in the same location, i.e. infantryman and IG clerk stationed at Quantico.
September 9th, 2004  
samirine

Yep just no dating within the Chain of Command! And if you are in the same unit you'll probably have to get your CO's approval to marry. I know we do. LOL a guy I know goes and tells the Colonel but didn't tell his fiance. He tells her "Oh no, you're the ranking officer you tell him!" So she does and the CO teases he by giving her all kinds of sh** about it. Boy was he in trouble when the CO told her the truth!
September 9th, 2004  
Trevor

In the Canadian forces, they have abolished segregation of gender in the barracks, so males and females sleep in the same barracks. At least...that's what I'm told. It sure as hell is'nt like that in cadets.
September 15th, 2004  
03USMC

Pvt thru Lance Corporal can date each other but may not date NCO's or SNCO'S or vise versa.
October 11th, 2004  
Goon

Trust me there are enough women around Marine bases that you will not have to date a WM.