GIRLIES

Well i don't know about the American army but the Canadians don't have anything against dating within the units.

GUNNER

Yea, there's nothing against that. But you just can't go out of your rank structure. Like I can't be dating an officer unless we were previously dating prior to that(I belive).

I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, though I don't recommend you dating anyone in your unit.

The policy is very debatable. E to O is highly frowned upon as well as people within your Chain of Command. Dating within divisions happens quite often actually but the only people that get nailed for it is the people who really have no tact about it. Just keep it on the D/L and you will be fine. If you do get married to a girl in the service you will be seperated if you are serving together.

Caffeine said:
The policy is very debatable. E to O is highly frowned upon as well as people within your Chain of Command. Dating within divisions happens quite often actually but the only people that get nailed for it is the people who really have no tact about it. Just keep it on the D/L and you will be fine. If you do get married to a girl in the service you will be seperated if you are serving together.

Sometimes. I have two Marines working in my shop that are married and they've been working together for awhile now. I think it all depends on what MOS you're in or what your command says.

You can't serve in the same chain of command as a spouse. You can, however, serve in the same location, i.e. infantryman and IG clerk stationed at Quantico.

Yep just no dating within the Chain of Command! And if you are in the same unit you'll probably have to get your CO's approval to marry. I know we do. LOL a guy I know goes and tells the Colonel but didn't tell his fiance. He tells her "Oh no, you're the ranking officer you tell him!" So she does and the CO teases he by giving her all kinds of sh** about it. Boy was he in trouble when the CO told her the truth! :D

In the Canadian forces, they have abolished segregation of gender in the barracks, so males and females sleep in the same barracks. At least...that's what I'm told. It sure as hell is'nt like that in cadets.

Pvt thru Lance Corporal can date each other but may not date NCO's or SNCO'S or vise versa.

Trust me there are enough women around Marine bases that you will not have to date a WM.

Prioritize

The best advice is just like in the civilian world: avoid dating your coworkers. Trust me, you will be glad you followed that advice. Now, if you happen to meet that special person while in the service, just go about it very carefully and remember that you signed up for the military to serve your country and you have a duty to your commitment first and foremost. The rest is secondary. Anyway, if you are worried about dating in the military, you may want to reevaluate your reasons for joining.

I wouldnt be concerned with datin, it will all work itself out on its own. The best way to find that person is not look. There are plenty of opportunities to date, just dont rush into a relationship because there are plenty out there that want to catch a military man/woman no matter what.

haha, thats priceless!

Good idea though, I think that should go for civilians also:
Like everyone has to wear a number (from 1 to 10) and you cant date outside your number..just like you cant date anyone who has more stripes than you lol

Back