Girl finds missing dog's head in box on doorstep

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
www.cnn.com

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left on her doorstep and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said.
Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said. The Humane Society of the United States said Wednesday it was offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
"This was extraordinarily heinous," said Dale Bartlett, the Humane Society's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "I deal with hundreds and hundreds of cruelty cases each year. When I read about this case, it took my breath away. It's horrible."
After Crystal Brown's 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix wandered away last month, she put up "missing" posters in her neighborhood and went door to door looking for him. She called the St. Paul animal shelter and rode the bus there several times.
"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."
Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."
Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.
Crystal screamed when she saw her dog's face.
"She was just hysterical," said Crystal's grandmother, Shirley Brown. "She was screaming. She said, 'Grandma, it's my dog's head!'
"I said, 'no it can't be!"'
Authorities say the case is an isolated incident and the suspect likely knew the family. A motive is unclear.
"This was so cruel," Crystal said. "This is one sick, twisted person."

That is just cruel. The person who did this should get MORE than the maximum punishment for this type of crime. Quite honestly, Id be swinging if I knew who did it.

Guys somebody killed a dog. Chill out. I mean, yeah, it's gross, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares? And I don't entirely understand why homicide investigators are involved. I thought their job was to investigate dead people.

Guys somebody killed a dog. Chill out. I mean, yeah, it's gross, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares? And I don't entirely understand why homicide investigators are involved. I thought their job was to investigate dead people.

Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said.

For the record, people with your attitude gets to know "who cares" in my line of work.

You seem to always post inflammatory remarks. You always seem to troll for someone to come at you with a flamethrower. I want to know why.

Perhaps if you took the time to read and understand things, try to view both sides of the topic and come to a rational (if not logical) conclusion, you would be taken alot more serious than I believe you are taken now.

As for killing an animal and beheading it then placing it on someone's doorstep, it is against the law. Not just that a dog was killed. In the grand shceme of things many people care.

I guess I'm an internet attention *****. But does the fact that it's against the law make it noteworthy? I mean, I don't see anyone posting "man gets $50 speeding ticket" on here.

Thats on the far side of sick and wrong. The slimy mother****er who did that deserves to have one of you guys kick his :cens:

I bet they put as much time into this as a homicide. Which will be a mistake...

Why do animals get so much attention when human beings are murdered every day?

Last edited:
Your ignorance is showing. Get a copy of "Mindhunters" and read. A person who would kidnap and kill someone's dog, beheading it and leaving it on the doorstep in a box is exhibiting classic signs in the development of a serial killer. THAT is why homicide investigators are looking into it. It is most definitely NOT a mistake to invest time into investigating this now. As this killer develops he will get more sophisticated and harder to catch. The best chance they have at saving human lives is by catching this bastard now before he gets better at being invisible.

Your ignorance is showing. Get a copy of "Mindhunters" and read. A person who would kidnap and kill someone's dog, beheading it and leaving it on the doorstep in a box is exhibiting classic signs in the development of a serial killer. THAT is why homicide investigators are looking into it. It is most definitely NOT a mistake to invest time into investigating this now. As this killer develops he will get more sophisticated and harder to catch. The best chance they have at saving human lives is by catching this bastard now before he gets better at being invisible.
\

I tend to agree with BD. Your typical serial killer/mass murderer at times started out as a youngster killing and torturing animals. Not to mention the implied terroristic threat.

If I came up to you every day and said "I am going to beat you to a bloody pulp." you would be able to go to the police and have me arrested for threatening you. This is essentially the same thing, not to mention whatever other laws may have been broken concerning the ASPCA.

Of course they should look into for the sake of the girl whose dog was killed. But if it had just been a beheaded dog found somewhere, I would leave it alone.

But the fact is, it WASNT just some random dog head...It belonged to the girl and it was put on her doorstep. Thats not randomness. That was meticulously planned.

I bet they put as much time into this as a homicide. Which will be a mistake...

Why do animals get so much attention when human beings are murdered every day?

When I look at comments like yours and "I like guns" I sometimes think that maybe we should spend more time looking after the real animals and less on the two legged variety. The real animals are more worthy of the attention.

Like I said this case has some pretty classic signs of the young serial killer's developmental process.

When I look at comments like yours and "I like guns" I sometimes think that maybe we should spend more time looking after the real animals and less on the two legged variety. The real animals are more worthy of the attention.

I'm sure you'd love it if someone killed your family and a slain dog got more time from the police, senojekips. :crybaby:

Back