gilad schalit

I hope you are right, but it's never wise to second guess Middle Eastern politics, there's absolutely far too much bastardry involved, especially where Israel and Palestine are involved.

Well, I am not sure 1 soldier = 1000 Palestinians, but good for Israel on showing they care about their soldiers.

I believe there are some records stating who are among the Palestinian prisoners that will be released. Won't say who myself because I am not sure if what I read was factual. A good deal of these prisoners have been sentenced to life or near life sentences...

Overall, I didn't know Israel negotiates with those in the 'list of terrorist'. I just hope that those 1000 Palestinians decide to try to live a life and leave the past behind if it is possible for them.

If Hamas breaks a written deal at this moment, it won't be in their favor, as it will cause more support for Israel and less for Palestine. This deal is completely in their favor, I don't see why they would break off such a deal.

exactly ray. we care that much about our boy
I'm just sad that a single person had to suffer so much for so long to make his own people start to see some sense.

It might be time to think of the many hundreds or even thousands of Palestinians held in Israeli prisons for just doing just as he did, supporting their own country.

I'm just sad that a single person had to suffer so much for so long to make his own people start to see some sense.

It might be time to think of the many hundreds or even thousands of Palestinians held in Israeli prisons for just doing just as he did, supporting their own country.

I agree, but only for the Palestinians who fought fairly (those who did not target civillians or civillian structures with purpose to cause fear in non-combatants). I couldn't care less for those that were involved in terrorism.

exactly ray. we care that much about our boy

Really then why did it take 6 years to agree to their conditions?
Why did his parents have to camp out in front of completeyahoo's home to keep attention on his plight?

No offence but his release while good for him is really only a political stunt to strengthen Hamas enough to oppose the Palestinian statehood bid.

Really then why did it take 6 years to agree to their conditions?
Why did his parents have to camp out in front of completeyahoo's home to keep attention on his plight?

No offence but his release while good for him is really only a political stunt to strengthen Hamas enough to oppose the Palestinian statehood bid.

Well, if you can give information on what conditions both sides were putting up, we can analyze it much better. We don't know what conditions Hamas was suggesting, but if Israel was willing to give up 1000 Palestinian prisoners with a good deal of them being terrorist or related to terrorist freedom for 1 soldier, then I can only think that Hamas was being a douche in the negotiations.

Even if it is a political stunt, it works well for support on Israel, especially if those 1000 Palestinians decide to go back to doing whatever got them in prison in the first place.

This is why I stated in my post "I hope they go to their lives and not look towards the past", because as we know if they do the opposite it will support Israel.

I couldn't care if it really was a political stunt though, Good job for Israel. :mrgreen:

I agree, but only for the Palestinians who fought fairly (those who did not target civillians or civillian structures with purpose to cause fear in non-combatants). I couldn't care less for those that were involved in terrorism.
So you don't care less for Israel, because they have been involved in terrorism since long before the founding of the Israeli state and a dare say lng before the palestinians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irgun_attacks

So you don't care less for Israel, because they have been involved in terrorism since long before the founding of the Israeli state and a dare say lng before the palestinians. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irgun_attacks

I told you, I will not go to past events to discredit something like that. I already know their were Jewish terrorists. I only go into past events to answer why the mindset of those at present or future chooses their actions. With that said, I still care the same amount for Israel.

Last edited:
August 1929 Hebron massacre by Palestinians. Irgun was created because they thought that the Haganah were not protecting the Jews well enough.
This has nothing to do with Shalit, but I felt I had to correct something.

The only Palestinians held in our jails are serving sentances for terror activities. Even Red Cross monitors have confirmed that we hold no political prisoners.

I don't know if this is a victory for Hamas or Israel. But one thing is sure: the prisoners and Shalit will be happy.

Back