getting in shape

LJFro7

sorry if this has been posted before, but im new to the site. anyway i was wondering if anyone had hints and tips for getting in the best shape. i know just doing sit ups, push ups, and runs are good, obviously because thats whats needed in the tests, but did anyone have any specific routines that really worked? im starting law school in august, and have until april when i apply for the navy jag student program to be in top shape. ive already been working out all year, but was looking for something to get those last few damn pounds off. thanks for any help! :CG: (i know its a coastie smiliey, im applying to them too, but didnt see any navy emoticons)

My workout plan as follows, the excercises I do change every so often

Monday:
Cardio, minimum 20 minutes.
Bench Press
Incline dumbell fly

cable press
overhead extension
kick backs
dips

Tuesday: Cardio, minimum 20 minutes, if I have the time

Wednsday
Cardio - 20 min or more
Squats
Lunges
Leg press
Leg extension/curl
military press, dumbell
front raises
lateral raise
bent over raise
shrugs

Thursday - off.

Friday -
Cardio at least 20 min

Lat pulldown
bent over row
T bar Row
Hyperextension
Preacher curl
isolated unilateral bicep curls

15 pushups (modified or regular) and 15-20 reps of an ab workout (crunches, sit ups, supine bicycle, leg raises, hello dollys, etc.) between each set of the above back/bicep excercises.

My cardio is 99% of the time running, although every so often I will swim for half an hour or so, just to change things up a bit.

Start out running with 5 lb potato sacks on your back. After a few weeks, move to 7 lb and 10lb potato sacks. After a few more weeks, start putting potatoes in the sacks :D

OK seriously, do a lot of body weight lifting and running.

I saw the term "dips" in several places, but I don't know what they are... :oops: (language barrier I think) Can anyone tell me?

JAG isn't only Navy, it's for all branches. And the JAG officers on JAG (TV show) are Marines I believe.

782.matt said:
JAG isn't only Navy, it's for all branches. And the JAG officers on JAG (TV show) are Marines I believe.

They're actually from the Superhero Corps, where you can fly a fighter to infiltrate an Al-Q training camp, kill all the baddies, and be home by supper to write some legal briefs and run a criminal investigation.
:lol:

Sorry, off topic.

782.matt said:
Thanks. The blonde on the first seies was way better than this brunette. She looked so much like my ex Canadian girlfriend. 8)

Back