Gettin' Out

CanadianCowgirl

Well, much to my own surprise, I've been having second thoughts about my career for the past month and I'm seriously considering becoming...well....a civilian :shock:

It's not a decision I'm taking lightly though and I'll probably ponder over it for the next couple months but I feel like it's time to move onto something new.....

You're thinking of signing the VR form? Just give it a little while. First year is always tough, especially after what we just went through.

Yeah I'm only giving it a month or two before I hand it in but my mind is pretty much made up.....scary, but at the same time exciting

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with your life. It takes a lot of courage to make these decisions, but ultimately your personal happiness is most important.

You know, you made a decision to start your program for a reason. Just go back to that reason and reconsider. I just don't want you to regret your decision down the road.

Yeah I know...I've been trying to remember why I used to love all this so much but it seems like it's all changed now and I can't find the reasons why I loved it before. If I do get out though, I might decide later down the road to re-apply as an NCM (non-officer) because I think I'm better at following orders anyways than at giving them....

Just follow your heart and mind and you will make the right decision!

I had second thoughts on getting out as well; had everything packed up and ready to go for another three years but ended up in the civvie street. I believe it was the right decision, I don't know yet.

It's going to be so weird being a civvi again. This has become my identity and I'm going to feel like a nobody for awhile. But the way I look at it is, if I decide to quit for sure, it's not really quitting or failing anything, it's just moving on to something new.....

CanadianCowgirl said:
It's going to be so weird being a civvi again. This has become my identity and I'm going to feel like a nobody for awhile. But the way I look at it is, if I decide to quit for sure, it's not really quitting or failing anything, it's just moving on to something new.....

It will become a new lifestyle, no secret. Myself did all the usual morning routines for a few days until I figured there was no morning parade anymore.

What do you plan to do in the civvi life if you decide to get out?

What Team Infidel said. If you carefully and honestly think about it you'll take the right decision for sure. Best wishes and let us know.

I'm actually thinking about heading Westward and working on a ranch. I'd like to try to start training horses because it's been my dream since I was a kid and I did a job search and there's quite a few openings for it...

Well, I handed in my voluntary release yesterday...on my birthday. I talked to my Warrant Officer and naval Lieutenant today and my release is slowly making its way up the chain of command....thing is, they say it could take up to 6 months for me to get out of here but they said they'll try to get me out by Christmas.....I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more...

lol, well actually I don't think I'd mind farming at all. I worked on a dairy farm for 5 years when I was younger, and though it's a demanding job I loved every minute of it....guess that's the country girl in me :D

Back