gettin me an Ak-47

istealfreefood

Well guys, I will soon be buying an AK-47. I will not have a scope on it to start with, but will probably get a receiver with one later. I got to play with another guys AK a couple days ago and really liked it. I am good friends with one of the guys that runs the gun range I go too, so it wont be too expensive. I cant wait to get it. I should be buying it in the next month or two. I will post some pictures of it when I do. I just got a used homemade gun case today. it's pretty ugly, but it serves the trick.

An ugly gun case for an ugly gun.:mrgreen:

Naw, the AK ain't too bad looking. Congrats on the new lead spitter.

I'm gonna be at school for awhile and wont be able to get any pictures, but early October I should have some. Sorry its gonna take so long guys. And I'll look into an Eotech when we get a scope.

how would the EOTech be for my dad? with his eyes he cant really focus on teh front sight and still see the target at all. its all just a blur to him. would the EOTech help that?

Hmm... well I haven't got that problem so I can't say for sure. You can try a "cheap" test by doing the following:
Get a transparency. Put a red dot and circle on it with a suitable red marker or green marker depending on which color you'll use.
Tape it to the weapon and see if your old man can see the dot and the target together.
Then you'll have your answer.
I think. :p

Not problem. As long as he can place a blur on target and it's sighted in. He will shot straight and true. Unless of course your rifle is frakked up.

Meprolight makes good gear also. Bushnell and others do too. Just stick with name brand companies. Not some Hong Kong knock off.

Well guys, I just got my AK as a birthday present. That was great. It came with two mags, a mag pouch and a bayonet. I need to sharpen the bayonet some, but other than that it's all ready to go. I cant wait to fire it. pictures should be comin soon.

Well guys, I just got my AK as a birthday present. That was great. It came with two mags, a mag pouch and a bayonet. I need to sharpen the bayonet some, but other than that it's all ready to go. I cant wait to fire it. pictures should be comin soon.

If it's a genuine Ruskie AK the bayonet is satin chromed and you will just stuff up the edge by putting it on a stone. With a bayonet only the point needs to be sharp anyway.

Many copies are also chromed.

thats cool man. I know a guy through ROTC thats got a .50 cal sniper rifle. I would love to get my hands on some kind of weapon like those. I love to see how stuff works I find the p90 amazing how all the inner machinery works.

Congrats pics soon?!

dang it. this makes me mad. I couldn't find the camera. You guys will have to wait a few weeks until I am home again and can find it.

Senojekips, the tip wasnt sharp at all. I did fix that though. It'll stab pretty good now.

Fox, the rifle is new and so the bore is fine. I looked at it just to be sure and it looks great. What a fine rifle.

Congrats!

Nothing says fun like a 30rd magazine and a target down range. You should pick up a couple of the Chi-Com 75rd Drum Magazines. Hitlery might ban them.

And before I forget....
postpics.gif

Hey, don't sharpen that bayonet for nothing or you could start taking chips off it if you accidentally bang it against something. You should keep bayonets blunt when not in a situation where you would need it for two reasons:
1) Safety.
2) Preserves the bayonet.
Needlessly sharpening bayonets is the sign of an amateur ;)

Back