Get out the Kleenex

Brought me to tears. God bless my fellow comrade in arms. These GIs still try to live a life as exciting as they can and they deal with there injuries.

PEOPLE PLEASE SEE THIS.

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you so much for your email. It was very special to work with the veterans and in fact we have a longer version of Beyond Iraq including footage of rock climbing and river rafting and other projects later this year.

It was Challenge Aspen that made all this possible for the veterans!

Blessings

Annalisa

Annalisa Hodgkins
PO Box 9763
Aspen, CO 81621
Ph. (970) 927 0891
Cl. (970) 309 7588
annalisa@ikandifilms.com

On Feb 16, 2006, at 2:51 AM, Xxxxx Xxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Ms. Hodgkins,

Kudos to you, the filmmakers, Sundance Film Festival and the soldiers for making this film. On behalf of myself and other veterans I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making something positive and inspiring. Your film brought a smile to my face and heart while tears filled my eyes. I hope this film receives widespread recognition and is widely viewed.?

I cannot thank you enough for this breath of positive air in a sea of negativity.

Best regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx

This is from an email I received today from the producer of this film. Keep your eyes out for the longer one they will be releasing later this year.

You know, something these kinds of stories always remind me is that there is one truely unsung hero of the Iraq war, and that's the medics. When I listen to some of these guys talking about flatlining 4 times and having bullets rip through their internals while taking shrapnel simultaniously... they shouldn't even be alive! It is absolutely amazing how good the modern millitary medic is to just give that wounded soldier the chance to find it in himself to persevere.

That is truly incredible. I am glad to see that the warrior spirit in these men did not die when they were hurt.

Great film. I will have to send a link to my MSgt.

HOOAH, GUYS! Give `em hell. I definitely want to thank the mechanical designers who came up with all the aids for each guy, you don't run out to Walmart and buy those. Also, the volunteers who helped a soldier when they could have been having fun chasing the "snow bunnies" around the slopes. These aren't rich Hollywood types helping these heroes, they're just plain folks like you and I who truly care. :salute2: :bravo:

Back