Germany

gibbs

I keep seeing Germany pop up as a world super power. I'm sure they can't a super power "military wise" because of the second world war. Aren't they still in a treaty and have military restrictions? Because the versaille treaty was going to last up untill the 80's so surely the second world war one is still in place now? Doesn't stop them having the 4th most land power in Europe. I'm confused please put me right :).

If i'm not totally off the planet, I do think they still have the WMD ban, that they can't buy, make or use them.

I don't know if I'd call them a Superpower, but they are certainly doing very very well economically and militarily. I suppose their unofficial role as EU leader puts them at the center of a system that could qualify as a Superpower. The lack sufficient population and resources to truly be considered a "Superpower" though.

The lack sufficient population and resources to truly be considered a "Superpower" though.

That can be taken care of when a nation conquer other nations and then the becomes a superpower when it is built upon from the conquered people.

Germany is not a SuperPower. It is however, a very strong power in world economics and politics. The German army dose have restrictions, but in my opinion its one of the finest in the world...

Germany? Superpower? I Hope that could happen but in reality it's not going to happen again if we boost economic growth or mobolize again.

Germany is doing very well and is a testament to the will and industiousness of its people. But it is not a superpower because the most important factor in a country being a superpower is the posession of large numbers of nuclear weapons.

But it is not a superpower because the most important factor in a country being a superpower is the posession of large numbers of nuclear weapons.

Weapon limitations does not neccesarily means that Germany cannot become a superpower. There are economic factors as well.

SHERMAN said:
Germany is not a SuperPower. It is however, a very strong power in world economics and politics. The German army dose have restrictions, but in my opinion its one of the finest in the world...

In terms of quality and equipment the Bundeswehr is definately in the top 5 armies in the world despite the limitations imposed on it. During the Cold War, the German Panzer and Panzergrenadier Divisions were considered to be the best regular troops that NATO had at it's disposal to repel the Soviet threat.

Germany by itself will likely never be a superpower but as a dominating force within the EU it can indirectly be termed a superpower as part of that union. There are 2 Superpowers if you count the EU and perhaps 2 more will arise in China and India within the next 10-20 years.

I can't see them being a superpower anytime in the near future, but they are doing very good in economically and militarilly like many others have already stated. Plus they make some awesome cars!

i'd say Germany's industry is more geared toward economy, not military. every nation has a certain amount of military, and the recently-unified Germany still needs to gather itself in all respects..

Weapon limitations does not neccesarily means that Germany cannot become a superpower. There are economic factors as well.

Yeah but if you read my post i said "Military wise" :).

According to this Armed forces database site the German's military quality is 64, which is the 2nd best behind Britain with 77. They also have the 4th most land power in Europe.

german ppl is one of the most hardworking group of ppl on earth,
see after WW2, german ppl volunteerly cleared up their streats and worked hard to rebuild their nation, it is really admirable

i think that is why they rise again so fast

I think one of the benifitis of the German system is that unlike alot of liberal democracies they've managed to motivate their population. The amount of Germans with a university degree is extremely high, and their technical programs are second to none. They also have a national service program, which invovled two years of time serving the state in some way (I'm probly horribly off on this, so any germans feel free to correct me). Both of these factors mean that the German populationis fit, educated, and are motivated to take part in the affairs of their country.

I'm not an expert or a native of Germany, but this is what i know of it.

Germany has an extremely rigorous school system, if you fall behind in work, you go to a lower school at graduation. there's many degrees of school, and nobody but the normal (middle-low class) people want to go to the Realeschule (translation: real school, they teach professions like farming and fishing there) and only the highest go to the Gymnasium, equivalent to pre-Ivy League in US. or close.

I dont wont to get into the economic side, since i dont know much about it..But the Germans are among the nationsthat i regurd as natural born soldiers. its a country with a vast military harritage. the german army is armed with some of the best weapons in the world...the reason i say they are not a superpower is that their is only one superpower right now...

Define this, define that.

I'll give you a hint. What is the USSR? What is the United States of America?

Back