Germany

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
The German police arrested a lot of right-wing morons trying a coup d'etat. They wanted to make a Germany to something it was post- WWI. They can do some serious damage, but a coup d'etat in Germany?

The German police arrested a lot of right-wing morons trying a coup d'etat. They wanted to make a Germany to something it was post- WWI. They can do some serious damage, but a coup d'etat in Germany?

It is pretty unlikely that it would have succeeded, but to be honest I am at a point where I would like our police to start hauling off some of our antiestablishment conspiracy nutters, so good on the Germans for acting quickly.

It is pretty unlikely that it would have succeeded, but to be honest I am at a point where I would like our police to start hauling off some of our antiestablishment conspiracy nutters, so good on the Germans for acting quickly.

They could have done some serious damage, but I have a problem to take them seriously.

There were some neo-nazi activity among members of the German army's special forces awhile back. The unit was disbanded and the soldiers were most likely fired. Now we know what they have been up to. Planning for a coup and reinstate a German Emperor.

They could have done some serious damage, but I have a problem to take them seriously.

There were some neo-nazi activity among members of the German army's special forces awhile back. The unit was disbanded and the soldiers were most likely fired. Now we know what they have been up to. Planning for a coup and reinstate a German Emperor.

I am amazed at the number of nutters coming out of the woodwork these days, ours are funded primarily by the US religious right and I can't help but wonder if this German one isn't a Russian backed attempt to destabilise the EU or NATO.

I am amazed at the number of nutters coming out of the woodwork these days, ours are funded primarily by the US religious right and I can't help but wonder if this German one isn't a Russian backed attempt to destabilise the EU or NATO.

It can be an attempt by Russia. Putin is quite popular among right-wing people.

It can be an attempt by Russia. Putin is quite popular among right-wing people.

25 delusional malcontents out of a population of 83 million really isn't a Munich beer hall putsch is it although it would probably be worth keeping an eye on the leaders in jail in case they start writing books about their struggles or learning to paint.
;)

While training in Germany, I was chatting to a fella who was on the Eastern Front. I asked what he thought about British troops basically taking over the neighbourhood and generally making a nuisance of themselves. The answer I got quite surprised me when he said ''I understand you have got to train, but I'd rather have British troops here then Soviet''

While training in Germany, I was chatting to a fella who was on the Eastern Front. I asked what he thought about British troops basically taking over the neighbourhood and generally making a nuisance of themselves. The answer I got quite surprised me when he said ''I understand you have got to train, but I'd rather have British troops here then Soviet''

To be honest I think Germanys biggest issue is that they are so afraid of being compared to the Nazis that they have paralyzed their decision making regarding the military.
I have had this discussion with many Germans that they need to move on from WW2, pretty much the entire rest of the world has.

To be honest I think Germanys biggest issue is that they are so afraid of being compared to the Nazis that they have paralyzed their decision making regarding the military.
I have had this discussion with many Germans that they need to move on from WW2, pretty much the entire rest of the world has.

To be honest, I don't think parts of the world will ever move on from the atrocities of WW2, while they are in living memory.

To be honest, I don't think parts of the world will ever move on from the atrocities of WW2, while they are in living memory.

This is the point though, WW2 is now almost out of living memory.
The minimum age of anyone that served in WW2 can be (assuming they were 18 in 1945) is 95 but even underaged Germans 90 years old, even Vietnam would be 65, the veterans of the major 20th century wars are thinning out rapidly.

The conspiracy theorists have found the Second World War and they never let the Germans to move on. They are either trying to find Hitler in South America, exploring all the tunnels and trying to find a German nuclear weapon or lost art. The latter has some relevance when people are looking for the Amber Room or the missing Gold Train

This is the point though, WW2 is now almost out of living memory.
The minimum age of anyone that served in WW2 can be (assuming they were 18 in 1945) is 95 but even underaged Germans 90 years old, even Vietnam would be 65, the veterans of the major 20th century wars are thinning out rapidly.

Younger relatives of the victims will also make sure the atrocities will not be forgotten, various memorials around the world ensures they will not be forgotten, as well as former concentration camps open to the public will keep the atrocities in peoples minds.

Younger relatives of the victims will also make sure the atrocities will not be forgotten, various memorials around the world ensures they will not be forgotten, as well as former concentration camps open to the public will keep the atrocities in peoples minds.

I am not suggesting the world should or has forgotten the atrocities, I am suggesting that Germany needs to move on from WW2 though because if they don't, they will repeat it.

I am not suggesting the world should or has forgotten the atrocities, I am suggesting that Germany needs to move on from WW2 though because if they don't, they will repeat it.

I agree with you, Germany does need to move on from WW2, but there are many reminders of the conflict, such as foreign troops still based in Germany, albeit a lot of British bases have closed, there are still a few. I have no idea if there are still US troops or other NATO troops still in Germany

I agree with you, Germany does need to move on from WW2, but there are many reminders of the conflict, such as foreign troops still based in Germany, albeit a lot of British bases have closed, there are still a few. I have no idea if there are still US troops or other NATO troops still in Germany

The US has still military bases in Germany, but the US wants to relocate them further east and the war in UKraine has increased the desire to move the military bases to Poland and/or the Baltic states

https://militarybases.com/overseas/germany/

The US has still military bases in Germany, but the US wants to relocate them further east and the war in UKraine has increased the desire to move the military bases to Poland and/or the Baltic states

https://militarybases.com/overseas/germany/

Perhaps it might be an idea for UK troops to move back into Germany with all this crap with Putin, he's said he wants peace talks, meanwhile Russia is planning to equip its air force with new, air-launch"In the interests of long-range aviation, the development and supply of the entire range of aviation weapons, including new cruise hypersonic missiles, is being carried out," Interfax cited Sergei Kobylash, the Russian commander, as saying.

The missiles use scramjet engines to fly at very high speeds, making them more difficult to shoot down than conventional cruise missiles.

Russian jets are believed to have fired Kinzhal hypersonic missiles at Odesa in March.ed hypersonic cruise missiles, the country's Interfax news agency has reported.

I wouldn't believe Putin if he told me my bum was on fire.

Perhaps it might be an idea for UK troops to move back into Germany with all this crap with Putin, he's said he wants peace talks, meanwhile Russia is planning to equip its air force with new, air-launch"In the interests of long-range aviation, the development and supply of the entire range of aviation weapons, including new cruise hypersonic missiles, is being carried out," Interfax cited Sergei Kobylash, the Russian commander, as saying.

The missiles use scramjet engines to fly at very high speeds, making them more difficult to shoot down than conventional cruise missiles.

Russian jets are believed to have fired Kinzhal hypersonic missiles at Odesa in March.ed hypersonic cruise missiles, the country's Interfax news agency has reported.

I wouldn't believe Putin if he told me my bum was on fire.

Meh...
Name one Russian weapon that hasn't been sold as the greatest thing since the pitchfork that has lived up to expectations and hasn't been seen as a smoldering ruin on a battlefield in the middle east, Ukraine or the myriad of countries they hand them out to like candy, all I can think of is the original AK-47 and that weighed a ton and couldn't hit a barn if you were standing on it.

I remember a Spitting image skit from years ago where Brezhnev was showing off the wonders of the Soviet Union to a foreign dignitary and on one table was a huge steak, the dignitary was surprised to see such a thing and Brezhnev replied "Da, here in the Soviet Union we have literally dozens of them" and it has amused me ever since because it is indicative of the thin veneer of progress Russia has made since it beginning.

Meh...
Name one Russian weapon that hasn't been sold as the greatest thing since the pitchfork that has lived up to expectations and hasn't been seen as a smoldering ruin on a battlefield in the middle east, Ukraine or the myriad of countries they hand them out to like candy, all I can think of is the original AK-47 and that weighed a ton and couldn't hit a barn if you were standing on it.

I remember a Spitting image skit from years ago where Brezhnev was showing off the wonders of the Soviet Union to a foreign dignitary and on one table was a huge steak, the dignitary was surprised to see such a thing and Brezhnev replied "Da, here in the Soviet Union we have literally dozens of them" and it has amused me ever since because it is indicative of the thin veneer of progress Russia has made since it beginning.

When I was doing a bit of work with the South African Police Ballistic Unit, I remember them trying to destroy an AK47, after running it over, blocking the barrel then firing a round, in the end they only destroyed it by stuffing C4 down the barrel, inserting a det and blowing it to pieces. The T34 wasnt a bad bit of kit and neither was the MIG15 with fitted with a copy of the RR Nene engine.

Last edited:
The conspiracy theorists have found the Second World War and they never let the Germans to move on. They are either trying to find Hitler in South America, exploring all the tunnels and trying to find a German nuclear weapon or lost art. The latter has some relevance when people are looking for the Amber Room or the missing Gold Train

Yeah I haven't laughed so much as watching a "documentary" on the secret Nazi UFO base in the Antarctic.
My opinion on the Amber Room is that it is destroyed.
As for Nazi gold, I found this topical...

https://globalnews.ca/news/9402800/treasure-map-nazi-gold-dutch-archives/

;)

You can't blame the Germans for refusing to give Poland and Ukraine billions of USD (to give weapons is to give money ) as Germany has no obligations to help Ukraine .
Besides : one third ( = THIRTY -THREE per cent ) of the present active female German workers will later have to survive on a monthly pension of less than 1000 Euro and a big part of the German population is living without heating as they have no money to warm themselves .
Try to explain to these people, these ELECTORS that they must give billions to Poland and Ukraine .
Why do you think that the AfD is on 3 % of the SPD in the election forecasts ?
The situation in France is not better than in Germany and France also is unwilling to give its money .

Back