Germany - Page 3




 
--
 
January 11th, 2005  
devilwasp
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal
I'll give you a hint. What is the USSR? What is the United States of America?
Countries
January 11th, 2005  
battery
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal
Define this, define that.

I'll give you a hint. What is the USSR? What is the United States of America?
Heh

The USSR was a miltary superpower... Never economic

The USA was both economic and military superpower...

Germany is just a top world power, them being head of the EU could put them in a position to be a head of a superpower.
January 11th, 2005  
Big_Z
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earling
Hate to say it... but define "super power"...
The worlds most powerful country, hows that?
--
January 11th, 2005  
Missileer
 
 
I enjoy the History Channel programs about the German military and WWII equipment more than any other Country. Some of the armor and aircraft were ingenious. If they had a real leader back then, a lot would be different but I think they would have lost the war anyhow. The methods used in problem solving and training were next to none.
January 11th, 2005  
CABAL
 
 
Quote:
I enjoy the History Channel programs about the German military and WWII equipment more than any other Country. Some of the armor and aircraft were ingenious. If they had a real leader back then, a lot would be different but I think they would have lost the war anyhow. The methods used in problem solving and training were next to none.
Is that how Germany can be remembered by? Militarism and conquest?

There is more to it than what meets the eye.
January 11th, 2005  
CPrime
 
Quote:
Is that how Germany can be remembered by? Militarism and conquest?
Of course. Don't you know then what happened in the 30's and 40's?
Espacialy conquest shall be remembered. Germany is still doing it today. Only this time Germany is using diplomacy in stead of military power. It isn't official, but together with France, Germany is ruling Europe.
January 11th, 2005  
Sexybeast
 
hey, i got a question

is germany willing to be a part of EU or be a leader of EU?
January 11th, 2005  
Porion
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabal
Is that how Germany can be remembered by? Militarism and conquest?

There is more to it than what meets the eye.
conquest is remembered more because of the cost and intelligence it takes. plus the people who were in it preach to anyone they see never to fight a war, because it is so horrible. thus it is never forgotten.
January 11th, 2005  
CPrime
 
Quote:
hey, i got a question

is germany willing to be a part of EU or be a leader of EU?
Germany is a full member of the EU. There isn't really a headcountry of the EU. There always is a country that acts as chairman, but for only 6 months. The problem is that Germany (and France) doesn't care. Germany always acts like it is the head of the EU. But isn't. Another problem is that everyone is buying it. Take my country. The leftwing politicians alway blame the rightwing politicians for sucking up with the US. At the same time they are doing it with the EU. And far more worse then the way how they accuse others of doing it with the US. And even if there is a rightwing government, than the leftwingies still rule.
January 12th, 2005  
Bootboy82
 
It's interesting to read what other people think of our country but alas it looks stronger than it is at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime
And even if there is a rightwing government, than the leftwingies still rule.
This doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain it?