Germany

Cabal said:
Define this, define that.

I'll give you a hint. What is the USSR? What is the United States of America?

Heh

The USSR was a miltary superpower... Never economic

The USA was both economic and military superpower...

Germany is just a top world power, them being head of the EU could put them in a position to be a head of a superpower.

I enjoy the History Channel programs about the German military and WWII equipment more than any other Country. Some of the armor and aircraft were ingenious. If they had a real leader back then, a lot would be different but I think they would have lost the war anyhow. The methods used in problem solving and training were next to none.

I enjoy the History Channel programs about the German military and WWII equipment more than any other Country. Some of the armor and aircraft were ingenious. If they had a real leader back then, a lot would be different but I think they would have lost the war anyhow. The methods used in problem solving and training were next to none.

Is that how Germany can be remembered by? Militarism and conquest?

There is more to it than what meets the eye.

Of course. Don't you know then what happened in the 30's and 40's?
Espacialy conquest shall be remembered. Germany is still doing it today. Only this time Germany is using diplomacy in stead of military power. It isn't official, but together with France, Germany is ruling Europe.

Cabal said:

conquest is remembered more because of the cost and intelligence it takes. plus the people who were in it preach to anyone they see never to fight a war, because it is so horrible. thus it is never forgotten.

hey, i got a question

is germany willing to be a part of EU or be a leader of EU?

Germany is a full member of the EU. There isn't really a headcountry of the EU. There always is a country that acts as chairman, but for only 6 months. The problem is that Germany (and France) doesn't care. Germany always acts like it is the head of the EU. But isn't. Another problem is that everyone is buying it. Take my country. The leftwing politicians alway blame the rightwing politicians for sucking up with the US. At the same time they are doing it with the EU. And far more worse then the way how they accuse others of doing it with the US. And even if there is a rightwing government, than the leftwingies still rule.

It's interesting to read what other people think of our country but alas it looks stronger than it is at the moment. :?

CPrime said:
And even if there is a rightwing government, than the leftwingies still rule.

This doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain it?

It's interesting to read what other people think of our country but alas it looks stronger than it is at the moment.

Replace "Alas", I have a feeling that it doesn't do well with the sentence.

Are you implying that most people don't know the true power of Germany? If not, I don't agree. If yes, I agree.

This doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain it?

Sounds weird doesn't it. It is quite easy. The dutch media in general is left wing. Every political desission, statement, etc. made by a rightwing politician is being brought in the news, papers, etc. acording their own leftwing opinion. The dutch people is buying it with ease, and the leftwing parties are gaining from it.

You could say that the dutch are being brainwashed by the leftwingies.

Cabal said:

I was speaking more to the quality of education and just plain ingenuity. I put the Swiss in the same category. I hope the future generations will remember that we also made great clocks. ;) I'm third generation American. My surname is Knous, which was Knouse before Ellis Island.

I was speaking more to the quality of education and just plain ingenuity. I put the Swiss in the same category. I hope the future generations will remember that we also made great clocks. I'm third generation American. My surname is Knous, which was Knouse before Ellis Island.

Lets hope they do remember. However it is true that Germany had a violent history. Possibly the most violent in the world.

Cabal said:
I was speaking more to the quality of education and just plain ingenuity. I put the Swiss in the same category. I hope the future generations will remember that we also made great clocks. I'm third generation American. My surname is Knous, which was Knouse before Ellis Island.

Lets hope they do remember. However it is true that Germany had a violent history. Possibly the most violent in the world.

I don't know. In sheer numbers of people affected, I think Russia holds the record.

question to all germans

germany is made up of many states and 200 years ago were nation-states, although all speaks german, im just wondering about its previous state of being, such as states like prussia, saxony and others

and i have a question, is it true that prussians have von as the middle name>?

the "von" before name is an aristoctratic title. It means "of" f.e Graf Fritz von Felsenstein is the Earl Fritz of Felsenstein.

Before Germany was unified, there were lots of small states, little monarchies, earldoms etc.

Cabal said:
It's interesting to read what other people think of our country but alas it looks stronger than it is at the moment.

Replace "Alas", I have a feeling that it doesn't do well with the sentence.

Are you implying that most people don't know the true power of Germany? If not, I don't agree. If yes, I agree.

What I wanted to say was, that most people notice only the big nimbus of Germany of the last 2 or 3 decades which means mostley Cars, beer and the Oktoberfest or Germany acting like the Good Samaritan giving aid to many many countries.

But who knows that we currently have an unemployment quota of 10% and more?
- That 2.5 million children are living below the povertyline
- That 10,000 companies going into bankruptcy EVERY MONTH(!) and the number's rising
- That the new borrowing in 2004 was 43.7 billion Euro, which set up a new record"
- That you have to pay 10 Euro "admission" at the doctor's every quarter year to receive medical medical attendance

These are just a couple of things that are upsetting me.
But the most annoying thing about this stuff is that most people in Germany either just don't care or don't have the guts to rise and fight for their right and their future.

Mr. Bootboy82 said:
But the most annoying thing about this stuff is that most people in Germany either just don't care or don't have the guts to rise and fight for their right and their future.

Fight? No, no, no. I think the people need lawyer to defend for their right, right? And on the other hand, if not so, people can also be defeated easily by the media. You are young European, not half-sane Japanese.

Look at this photo.

Handsome boys. Perhaps 17 or 18 years old at that time? I have been attracted by these soldiers' fate since I saw this photo. I can't find the Chinese information. Can you give me some information about these soldiers? I want to konw their name, family... etc.

Do you know anymore about the photo? Where, when, etc... The closer to the end of the war, the younger German soldiers were. If they were ordered to surrender, they're probably civilians in Germany. WWII was one of the most photographed and filmed wars by all sides.

Back