Germany: 1000 more Soldiers to Afghanistan?

For the current German military personnel, are they taught about the history of the Nazi's as though it is a part of their military history, or is it considered a separate entity? Generally, in the current German military what are the thoughts, feelings, opinions of the Nazi regime?

For the current German military personnel, are they taught about the history of the Nazi's as though it is a part of their military history, or is it considered a separate entity? Generally, in the current German military what are the thoughts, feelings, opinions of the Nazi regime?

It's not a part of our personal military history, we're starting to get our own "new" beside the military history before the Nazi- regime. Everything related to Nazi-movement is highly forbidden although many think that we had a really strong and effective "Wehrmacht" and the best soldiers worldwide. I personally think we should look forward (without forgetting the past) and get back to new strength so that we are not only the economic power which always gives money instead of troops. But still too many consider our Military as a potential thread to society... and we don't get much ackknowledgement from the german people
Although i'd love to discuss your questions i don't know if it really fits into this topic...?

Your right, it doesn't, was just asking a question but your right it is off topic and I'm sorry for that.

As for the Germans sending more troops to help the coalition, Thank you guys for that. I am happy the Germans are our allies these days.

Last edited:
Back