GERMAN technology (V-1s and beyond)

No MERCY

The Germans were highly advanced in aerial combat and the ways of explosives. Hitler had made something called a V-1, V-2, V-3. This was an advanced rocket technology. They used it to attack London. The V-3 was planned and almost built until an air raid by the U.S. He knew that although these weapons were powerful they alone would not win the war. What would life be like if they attacked The eastern coast of the U.S.?

mod edit: made the title a little more catchy, as the topic is really about German WWII advanced weapon systems...

Well

Considering how un accurate those things would be, I doubt it would change life much. I can tell you, as some one who had SCUDS falling down on his town, and his country, that you get used to it very quickly.

Break through

They had a break through in rocketry. They had jet fighters taking out our fighters and planes. If this would have happened earlier we would be in prison camps taking skin off potatoes. The fact is the Germabs were smarter and more advanced. They could have one! Then what do we do?

Ha

Well, now that this is turning a bit more complicated, a few notes:
1:Yes the Germans did have advanced weapons. But their military production was much slower then the Allied production, making noumbers a week point.
2:By 1946 the Allies would have fielded Jets(UK:Meteor, USA: P80). Allied tanks were beginning to catch up(USA:M26 Pershing), The sea was dominated by the Allies.
3:The Germans were put in a disadvantage to buigin with, since their Nazi idiology and Hitlers madnes caused them to fight in two fronts, against numerically superior forces.

Oh, also, the "suprior" german Jets were extremly diffecult to fly, and their "supirior" tanks were heavy and mechaniccaly unrelayeble.

Additional problems that the Nazis had were:

1. That Hitler and Company (but especially Hitler himself) were easily dazzled by the latest technological advances and could never FOCUS their research and production efforts on a few promising areas. That is, instead of devloping and producing a few very potent weapons, they tried to develop a double dozen miracle weapons, squandered thier R&D efforts and failed to out-develop or produce the Allies.

2. Ran out of resources - human and natural.

Good thing too, or we would all be singing Deutchland Uber Alles as our World Anthem. The Nazis are in a tie with the Communists for the WORST Governments in Hisory :!: :evil:

hiding

I'd probably would't be in this country or even born at all. My mother is not originally from the U.S. She was from a spanish country. I'd probably try to escape and get shot.

~THE QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE A FIGHT IS NOT TO FIGHT AT ALL!~ SENSEI ANTHONY DIAZ

You wouldn't be the only ones :!: Everytime I read one of those "Alternate Histories" in which Germany wins WWII it creeps me out.

Hitler had a plan to Attack New York late in the War with a certain kind of "stealth aircraft" forget the name of. Anway the design of the B2 is based upon it, at least according to a History Channel Documentry I saw.

almost

It was a well built stealth plane but would have never made it back to Germany. The United States then took the design and called it the B2. Good thing they lost before they could attack NY.

The point wasn't to win the war, just force a stalemate. Lets be frank, Hitler probobly new he was gonna lose the War ever since 1941 and the collapse of the Italians in North Africa.

It's kind of funny how these discussions always seem to follow the lead of the History Channel. :lol:
You can figure out major topics of conversation here for a week by reading your TV guide. :lol:

me too

Of course you do. It makes you feel good on the inside! It makes you look smart to other people. I usually do it when a debate between friends comes up.

wow! in actuality, the germans had a lot of plans to attack the US some are down right ingenius...

1. The V-2 - submarine plan: they took a v-2 rocket, put it in a towed tube behind a german u-boat, with the intention of towing it within the range of the weapon and launching them against washington. This was as far as i know, the first attempt at a sea launched missle.

2. The washington bomber: two concepts existed for this:

a. one was the wing, which by its shape was naturally stealthy; the wing shape was more for its abilities at long flight because of the more streamlined shape. And it was jet powered of course. The problem at the time was that german jet engines lasted on the average of 5-10 hours of use before they had to be rebuilt, due to the high tempretures and alloys used in the engines werent up to the task of lasting longer.

b. a more feasiable design actually involved a giant convential bomber, with 6-8 engines and a suicidal crew, which actually had orders to rendevous with a submarine for bailout and recovery. For some reason, the germans at that time of the war were concentrating more on the mission, and less on the aftermath.

Interestingly, Both of the bombers were to deliver a type of atomic weapon, more along the lines of a super dirty weapon than a fission item. The germans just didnt have the leg up on atomic goodies, due to their expulsion of trained scientists and the fact that the group left over decided to sabotage the effort. Thank goodness for their efforts.

3. The walther hydrogn peroxide -diesel submarine: interesting concept of enabling a submarine to maintain a long submerged state with high speeds. And of course, this weapon was to deliver those v-2 sea launched weapons.

4. One big question asked was why didnt the germans do more sea launched versions of the V-1? it was a perfect sub type weapon: several could have been carried. The only answer i have got so far was that it was a lack of focus on deciding where the weapons were to be employed. Anyone else got a view on this?

5. For those not in the know, a V-3 was an attempt to make a high velocity super gun that would shoot projectiles at london or other points in England. The same principles of this weapon were used by another person, a canadian, to build a super weapon that shot a projectile almost 700 miles for our favorite dictator, Mr Saddam Hussein. The gun that accomplished this was the baby babylon. The components for the other weapon that could hit Israel and beyond were thankfully intercepted by the Brits before they got to Iraq. That gun by itself would make a fine discussion string.

By the way, the History Channel aint always right...but they are very entertaining! (its an opinion, not a fact, so dont kill me, you history channel lovers.... :D )

Mark Conley said:
4. One big question asked was why didnt the germans do more sea launched versions of the V-1? it was a perfect sub type weapon: several could have been carried. The only answer i have got so far was that it was a lack of focus on deciding where the weapons were to be employed. Anyone else got a view on this?

First of all, how dare you challenge the History Channel!? Blasphemer!

:lol: :lol:

About the lack of more sea launched variants, in my opinion it was at least in part due to having too many irons in the fire as far as new wonder weapon development went (kind of feeds into the focus issue you mentioned). I don't believe the Germans had sufficient manpower or resources to make all or even very many of these weapons a reality, but they still tried to make too many of them and just ended up running out of time.

Back