GERMAN technology (V-1s and beyond)

--

February 18th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: GERMAN technology (V-1s and beyond)

The Germans were highly advanced in aerial combat and the ways of explosives. Hitler had made something called a V-1, V-2, V-3. This was an advanced rocket technology. They used it to attack London. The V-3 was planned and almost built until an air raid by the U.S. He knew that although these weapons were powerful they alone would not win the war. What would life be like if they attacked The eastern coast of the U.S.?

mod edit: made the title a little more catchy, as the topic is really about German WWII advanced weapon systems...
February 18th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Why ask what ifs? Just live and let die.
February 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Well

Considering how un accurate those things would be, I doubt it would change life much. I can tell you, as some one who had SCUDS falling down on his town, and his country, that you get used to it very quickly.
--
February 19th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: Break through

They had a break through in rocketry. They had jet fighters taking out our fighters and planes. If this would have happened earlier we would be in prison camps taking skin off potatoes. The fact is the Germabs were smarter and more advanced. They could have one! Then what do we do?
February 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Ha

Well, now that this is turning a bit more complicated, a few notes:
1:Yes the Germans did have advanced weapons. But their military production was much slower then the Allied production, making noumbers a week point.
2:By 1946 the Allies would have fielded Jets(UK:Meteor, USA: P80). Allied tanks were beginning to catch up(USA:M26 Pershing), The sea was dominated by the Allies.
3:The Germans were put in a disadvantage to buigin with, since their Nazi idiology and Hitlers madnes caused them to fight in two fronts, against numerically superior forces.

Oh, also, the "suprior" german Jets were extremly diffecult to fly, and their "supirior" tanks were heavy and mechaniccaly unrelayeble.
February 20th, 2004  
Gunner13

Additional problems that the Nazis had were:

1. That Hitler and Company (but especially Hitler himself) were easily dazzled by the latest technological advances and could never FOCUS their research and production efforts on a few promising areas. That is, instead of devloping and producing a few very potent weapons, they tried to develop a double dozen miracle weapons, squandered thier R&D efforts and failed to out-develop or produce the Allies.

2. Ran out of resources - human and natural.

Good thing too, or we would all be singing Deutchland Uber Alles as our World Anthem. The Nazis are in a tie with the Communists for the WORST Governments in Hisory :!:
February 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: LOL

Well some of us would be singing...Id never be in existance...
February 20th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: hiding

I'd probably would't be in this country or even born at all. My mother is not originally from the U.S. She was from a spanish country. I'd probably try to escape and get shot.

~THE QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE A FIGHT IS NOT TO FIGHT AT ALL!~ SENSEI ANTHONY DIAZ
February 21st, 2004  
Gunner13

You wouldn't be the only ones :!: Everytime I read one of those "Alternate Histories" in which Germany wins WWII it creeps me out.
February 21st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Hitler had a plan to Attack New York late in the War with a certain kind of "stealth aircraft" forget the name of. Anway the design of the B2 is based upon it, at least according to a History Channel Documentry I saw.