GERMAN technology (V-1s and beyond) - Page 4

--

April 8th, 2004  
MausTanker

Topic: Re: Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Now, lets see, as i said before, given hitler was insane and insisted on the use of the Me262 as a bomber and supported dumbass programs like the Maus(no offence, that think is a bad idea.),not to speak of the resources he put into the mass killing of millions of jews and political rivals, hitler is one of the reasons germany did not win(even if they had a tech advantage...)

true, but not all Me262's were bombers, they did have pure fighter version's too. the holocaust was a moral and strategic atrocitey, but... the Maus wasnt meant to be used as a battle tank, it was meant to plug holes in coastal defensives. and lets be honest, the maus was immune to pretty much all air to ground rockets launched by tank busters, and if it was present on DDay, well... you know .
April 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: yes

Yes, but when you have the german industry allready puting out less tanks and aircraft then the combined allied powers, the last thing you do is concentrate energy on insane projects like that...
April 9th, 2004  
MausTanker

true, but the idea of this tank started around 1942 i beleive, when he could afford it...
--
April 10th, 2004  
Jamoni

If German technology was so wonderful, why didn't they make a succesful amphibious landing in Brittain? Hitler was a fruitcake, and he squandered his money on expensive toys rather than things like, oh, I don't know, PETROLEUM? What does it matter if you have the best tanks, if none of them have fuel? Who cares about your wonder weapon that is 200 miles in the rear because it's transport ran out of gas? And those tanks didn't seem to do so well on the eastern front, what with the crews freezing/starving to death, and all. It's too bad he couldn't mass produce all these "wonder weapons", what with his production capacity bombed to hell by American and British long range bombers.
As far as the eastern front, simply providing meat-grinders like Stalingrad was a tremendous boost to the Allies. The eastern front was this huge pit that swallowed men, material, dollars, and time. Without it, as has been said, we'd still be fighting the damned war. Luckily, Hitler's madness made it inevitable that he would attack the russians, thus losing it all.
April 24th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: me to

Hitler was a fruit cake. Did u also know the he was part jewish. HE made no fighting effort./ No wonder we... Never mind. But the fact is that we kicked his a**. Losera finish last.
April 24th, 2004  
Pollux

Hitler actually didnt want to invade britain....
he wanted the brits as future allies......
he said that they have the same nordic race like the germans and the northern countries....
thats why he stopped his generals who wanted to wipe out the british army in dunkerk and invade britain
April 24th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoni
If German technology was so wonderful, why didn't they make a succesful amphibious landing in Brittain? Hitler was a fruitcake, and he squandered his money on expensive toys rather than things like, oh, I don't know, PETROLEUM? What does it matter if you have the best tanks, if none of them have fuel? Who cares about your wonder weapon that is 200 miles in the rear because it's transport ran out of gas? And those tanks didn't seem to do so well on the eastern front, what with the crews freezing/starving to death, and all. It's too bad he couldn't mass produce all these "wonder weapons", what with his production capacity bombed to hell by American and British long range bombers.
As far as the eastern front, simply providing meat-grinders like Stalingrad was a tremendous boost to the Allies. The eastern front was this huge pit that swallowed men, material, dollars, and time. Without it, as has been said, we'd still be fighting the damned war. Luckily, Hitler's madness made it inevitable that he would attack the russians, thus losing it all.
Hitler was both the catalyst of the great German war machine of the 30s/40s and the reason for its downfall.

Had a reasoned and well balanced leader been in charge of Germany, things would have been very different today, with possibly a German-Soviet hegemony existing over Europe and Asia. The US would have retreated back into isolationist mode and you'd have a German-Soviet-Japanese domination over the old world. Perhaps in time Germany and the Soviet Union would have went to war but not when it happened in history.
April 24th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollux
Hitler actually didnt want to invade britain....
he wanted the brits as future allies......
he said that they have the same nordic race like the germans and the northern countries....
thats why he stopped his generals who wanted to wipe out the british army in dunkerk and invade britain
It's true that Hitler admired the British Empire and probably would have accepted a separate peace with Great Britain, seeing us as fellow Aryan peoples. However, the reason he stopped the Wehrmacht from destroying the trapped allied forces in Dunkirk was nothing to do with any sentiment on his part. Hitler was persuaded by Goering that the Luftwaffe could do the job by itself and Hitler assented to this, not wanting to risk his valuable panzers in possible pitched street battles.
April 24th, 2004  
panzer

Doppleganger is right, Hitler listened to much to Goering .......I would have pulled on his leash and let my panzers mow over the BEF and remaining French.
August 21st, 2004  
Mark Conley

Guys..i had almost forgot this one existed..for those that are posting on the german vengence technology..read some of these early posts...

and a site on most of the aicraft and some weapons

http://www.luft46.com/