tall 11m
Armourment
Maingun 28cmguns twin,
8 88mmguns,
24 3cmAAAs
16000ps
latte19.jpg

In 1945 August,
Kurup Industry proposed this plan to Hitler.
This tank has used engine for ship and used 28cm of cruiser.

The problem with the King Tiger was that the Bridges could not take the weight of this tank, so just how would they have moved this thing around in France

We can say a lot about the Germans during the 2nd World War, but they had some fantastic technological ideas and designs never the less.

sandy said:
length 35m
width 14m
tall 11m
Armourment
Maingun 28cmguns twin,
8 88mmguns,
24 3cmAAAs
16000ps
latte19.jpg

In 1945 August,

Guderian mentioned this tank in his memoirs.

June 23rd, 1942 at a conference of senior Generals and Party Officials.

"Then his[Hitler's] fantasy led him into the realm of the gigantic. The engineers Grote and Hacker were ordered to design a monster tank weighing 1,000 tons." (p. 278, Panzer Leader, Heinz Guderian).

I'm not sure when the project was cancelled, although it was probably in 1943 sometime after Guderian had been appointed Inspector General of Panzertruppen. It never really got past an initial design stage AFAIK.

There was also a design for an even bigger tank weighing 1,500 tons - see the attached link for more details.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/p1000.htm

A rocket firing Typhoon would have still have made it a burning wreck in seconds. Typhoon carried enough ordnance to equal a salvo from a destroyer.

that's one big mother... would not have wanted to faced that on the ground if it had been built, and the amount of AAA listed would have made airstrikes against it a little hairy.

The Ratte would have collapsed any bridge it ever tried to cross. It would also have a pretty good shot at collapsing underground tunnels, etc, all inadvertantly. Its an interesting idea of course. Not terribly useful though.

Holy :cen:! It can't be real. Too much working. Too much gasoline. Also it could be unbeatable, I think. If Germany invaded Britain sucessfully. How will that huge king tiger bring to USA?

Fox said:
Holy :cen:! It can't be real. Too much working. Too much gasoline. Also it could be unbeatable, I think. If Germany invaded Britain sucessfully. How will that huge king tiger bring to USA?

While it may seem unbeatable in ground warfare you're still not outrunning an aircraft with a tank. Even a behemoth like this ratte has its weak point, the tracks, split one of the tracks and the whole massive beast is crippled and I assume it would be one hell of a nightmare for repair crews.

length 35m
width 14m
tall 11m
Armourment
Maingun 28cmguns twin,
8 88mmguns,
24 3cmAAAs
16000ps
latte19.jpg

In 1945 August,

I am assuming you mean August 1944 as by August 1945 I don't think Hitler was entertaining proposals for tanks.

thats not a tank....too much firepower and armor at he expence of mobilety. tigers and king tigers were slow and unreliable enough, and they were toys compared with this. what roads and bridges can supprot this monster? a tank is not a moving fortress with aa guns , it is a moving cannon with reasonable protection for its crew. we have sp artillery, sp aa guns and infantry units to support tanks on the battlefield, and they shouldent be fielded on their own....

It would be a static fire support position. It'd be akin to taking a chunk of the maginot line and putting on wheels. Useless really. But imagine it in a hull down overwatch position on a battlefield.

Back