German media: United States Prepares Iran Strike - Page 3




 
--
 
January 3rd, 2006  
Fox
 
 
I don't think US will invade Iran, too.
January 3rd, 2006  
gladius
 
Me neither, I don't think we will invade Iran.

Nor will we destroy the Muslim world. I don't think there is even a chance of this in the near future. Instead, ---THEY--- will come for us. Well at least for Europe first. All we can do is prepare, and we're not even doing that.
January 4th, 2006  
phoenix80
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
I don't think US will invade Iran, too.
Ditto!
--
January 4th, 2006  
Chief Bones
 
 

Topic: Talk isn't the only thing that's cheap.


When you talk about the possibility of war with Iran, talk isn't the only thing that's cheap.

In a country where the yearly earning is less than one weeks pay in the US, human life takes on a price tag that is very cheap. When the promise to a young man who is trying to care for a family is "if he dies for a cause his family will be taken care of", then you have just increased the probability that there WILL BE WAR. The United States will not standby and allow unanswered attacks against mainland targets.

Remember what transpired in the aftermath of 9/11. When the group responsible for the destruction of the Twin Towers, the attack on the Pentagon and the downing of another airliner was identified, the United States made every effort to have those responsible for these attacks turned over for trial to our justice system. When a foreign government (Taliban / Afghanistan) allowed these terrorists (AlQaeda) to take refuge in their country and then compounded the situation by anti-American rhetoric, the United States took the unprecedented action of invading their country and removing the mullahs from power.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IRAN CAN SAFELY ATTACK THE UNITED STATES AND NOT SUFFER THE (same or worse) CONSEQUENCES?

On the day that information is uncovered that proves that Iran had ANYTHING at all to do with an attack against the United States (and the attack was with nuclear material) will be the day that Iran will cease to exist as a country.

NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE WILL STOP AN ALLOUT HAILSTORM OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS AGAINST IRANIAN TARGETS.

An attack by other than nuclear weapons will, however, still be met by a counter attack. If Iranians (or any other country) make the mistake of thinking that Americans won't go to war in response to an unprovoked attack then I would point out the outcome of the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

The United States geared up for war and young men by the 10s of thousands lined up for induction into our armed forces and Germany and Japan learned a valuable lesson.

"I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve". Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto Empire of Japan December 7th, 1941 ... (Famous words of wisdom)

60+ years have not changed the United State's resolve to surprise attacks.


January 4th, 2006  
Welshwarrior
 
 
Excellent use of colours, fonts etc Bones, but it does little for your argument re: the taliban. I liked the sentence, the United States took the unprecedented action of invading their country surely that is the norm now?



Europe“CIA worked in tandem with Pak to create Taliban” LONDON: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) worked in tandem with Pakistan to create the "monster" that is today Afghanistan's ruling Taliban, a leading US expert on South Asia said here.
"I warned them that we were creating a monster," Selig Harrison from the Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars said at the conference here last week on "Terrorism and Regional Security: Managing the Challenges in Asia."
Harrison said: "The CIA made a historic mistake in encouraging Islamic groups from all over the world to come to Afghanistan." The US provided $3 billion for building up these Islamic groups, and it accepted Pakistan's demand that they should decide how this money should be spent, Harrison said.
Harrison, who spoke before the Taliban assault on the Buddha statues was launched, told the gathering of security experts that he had meetings with CIA leaders at the time when Islamic forces were being strengthened in Afghanistan. "They told me these people were fanatical, and the more fierce they were the more fiercely they would fight the Soviets," he said. "I warned them that we were creating a monster."
Harrison, who has written five books on Asian affairs and US relations with Asia, has had extensive contact with the CIA and political leaders in South Asia. Harrison was a senior associate of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace between 1974 and 1996.
Harrison who is now senior fellow with The Century Foundation recalled a conversation he had with the late Gen Zia-ul Haq of Pakistan. "Gen Zia spoke to me about expanding Pakistan's sphere of influence to control Afghanistan, then Uzbekistan and Tajikstan and then Iran and Turkey," Harrison said. That design continues, he said. Gen.Mohammed Aziz who was involved in that Zia plan has been elevated now to a key position by Chief Executive, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, Harrison said.
The old associations between the intelligence agencies continue, Harrison said. "The CIA still has close links with the ISI (Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence)."
Today that money and those weapons have helped build up the Taliban, Harrison said. "The Taliban are not just recruits from 'madrassas' (Muslim theological schools) but are on the payroll of the ISI (Inter Services Intelligence, the intelligence wing of the Pakistani government)." The Taliban are now "making a living out of terrorism."
Harrison said the UN Security Council resolution number 1333 calls for an embargo on arms to the Taliban. "But it is a resolution without teeth because it does not provide sanctions for non-compliance," he said. "The US is not backing the Russians who want to give more teeth to the resolution."
Now it is Pakistan that "holds the key to the future of Afghanistan," Harrison said. The creation of the Taliban was central to Pakistan's "pan-Islamic vision," Harrison said.
It came after "the CIA made the historic mistake of encouraging Islamic groups from all over the world to come to Afghanistan," he said. The creation of the Taliban had been "actively encouraged by the ISI and the CIA," he said. "Pakistan has been building up Afghan collaborators who will sustain Pakistan," he said. (IANS)
January 4th, 2006  
The Cooler King
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
"I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve". Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto Empire of Japan December 7th, 1941 ... (Famous words of wisdom)
I have nothing to add to the argument at hand, but I would just like to point out that Admiral Yamamoto was never credited with saying that, contrary to popular belief.
January 4th, 2006  
Welshwarrior
 
 
It is easier to believe a lie that one has heard a thousand times than to believe a fact that no one has heard before.

That's not a lie, it's a terminological inexactitude. Also, a tactical misrepresentation.
~ Alexander Haig ~
January 4th, 2006  
03USMC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwarrior

“CIA worked in tandem with Pak to create Taliban”

Wow that's a revelation. I think it's pretty common knowledge that the CIA supported and armed the Taliban and others after the Soviet Invasion. And that they did it thru Pakistan. Matter of fact I believe they've admitted that while it might not have been the best move they ever made, it was the lesser of two evils at the time. So whats your point?
January 5th, 2006  
Welshwarrior
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Wow that's a revelation. I think it's pretty common knowledge that the CIA supported and armed the Taliban and others after the Soviet Invasion. And that they did it thru Pakistan. Matter of fact I believe they've admitted that while it might not have been the best move they ever made, it was the lesser of two evils at the time. So whats your point?
You have not really been following this thread have you?
January 5th, 2006  
Italian Guy
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwarrior
You have not really been following this thread have you?
Seems to me he has.