German media: United States Prepares Iran Strike - Page 2

--

January 2nd, 2006  
phoenix80

Talk is cheap!
January 2nd, 2006  
Missileer

I wondered where Baghdad Bob went. Same story Lybia had along with Iraq, twice, and Afghanistan. Same old adjectives.
January 2nd, 2006  
phoenix80

Now Turkish media are picking up this story too!

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2...-and-iran.html
--
January 2nd, 2006  
Welshwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Maybe, but I think Iran will talk tough and not do anything if we drop some bombs. They realize war with the US and Israel is for all intents and purposes disasterous for their country.
Trouble is Rabs, you will not be fighting a country, you will be up against a belief system. Don't expect the Iranians to fight fair.
January 3rd, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
Trouble is Rabs, you will not be fighting a country, you will be up against a belief system. Don't expect the Iranians to fight fair.
Hows that Welsh, the radical Islamic world is already at our throats, and I dont expect them to fight fair, thats why we need to make sure they cant produce a nuke. If they produce nukes I wouldnt put it past them to put it in a suitcase and leave it in the lobby of the empire state building or some other high priority target either here or in Israel.

Quote:
http://hindustantimes.com/news/181_1587766,00050004.html

Like I said some tough talk, but Im really not to worried about the Iranian armed forces trying to pull anything.
January 3rd, 2006  
Welshwarrior

Thats exactly what we will be up against... the bomb in the suitcase, dont expect to fight a conventional war....So you bomb one facility, that will not stop the fundamentalist only increase his/her desire to destroy you.
January 3rd, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
Thats exactly what we will be up against... the bomb in the suitcase, dont expect to fight a conventional war....So you bomb one facility, that will not stop the fundamentalist only increase his/her desire to destroy you.
The only way to stop the fundamentalist is to completely defeat them both poltically and phsyically. Lets not give them the chance to get that bomb in the suitcase, cause if they had acess to one you know they would of already used it. So lets make sure they NEVER get one.
January 3rd, 2006  
Welshwarrior

Brave words indeed, but how do you stop a fundamentalist, how do you stop a complete belief system..Kill them all? Every Muslim male, woman and child? You can of course destroy a political system Rabs but how do you destroy a religion?
January 3rd, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwarrior
Brave words indeed, but how do you stop a fundamentalist, how do you stop a complete belief system..Kill them all? Every Muslim male, woman and child? You can of course destroy a political system Rabs but how do you destroy a religion?

First to be clear, Im not saying it will come to this, but if it does so be it.
If they do start bombing American cities with suitcase bombs and car bombs. Gunning down Americans on every street corner.
We have to be prepared to destroy them. We'eve done it once (Native Americans) justified or not we did it because they were constantly attacking American citizens, and if the Islamic world decides it wants to do this, we have to be ready and willing to defend our way of life.

This has gotten way off topic, but thank you for the good argument Welsh, and I'm sorry for my young un-informed opinions
January 3rd, 2006  
Welshwarrior

Way to go young man. Do not worrry about your un-informed opinions, at least you have an opinion and are not afraid of expressing it. Also don't worry about being young... you will get over it.. rapidily.