German causualties on the Russian front. - Page 3

--

September 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Fighting on 4 sides: Normandy, Italy, N. Africa, Pacific(some in the same time), and having some 500.000 casualties.........
Japan, over 1.3 million! (Ok Japan faught in China, a bit with Rooskies, but 90% with America)
While US had 110.000 casualties, and Japanese were fanatics.....
How people easy forget Pacific.......
September 19th, 2004  
Young Winston

Now you're starting to get away from the topic again Uncle-Sam.

Most of the posts here have been really interesting reading.
September 20th, 2004  
Redleg

I agree Aussie..

Stay on topic Sam, or start a new thread.
--
September 23rd, 2004  
hammerlock

Topic: Uncle sam

by Uncle Sam

"Fighting on 4 sides: Normandy, Italy, N. Africa, Pacific(some in the same time), and having some 500.000 casualties......... Rolling Eyes
Japan, over 1.3 million! (Ok Japan faught in China, a bit with Rooskies, but 90% with America)
While US had 110.000 casualties, and Japanese were fanatics.....
How people easy forget Pacific......."

Have you ever checked the stats on war in Pacific? Because if you had you would know that Japanese didn't have 90% of their loses with the American.

Here are the stats for you. And if you really wantto make meaningful posts stop be so blindly nationalistic.

The Second Sino-Japanese War was a major invasion of eastern China by Japan preceding and during World War II. It ended with the surrender of Japan in 1945

The Japanese recorded around 1.1 million military casualties, wounded and missing. The total Japanese KIA was 1.7 million so very easy to see the large majority of loses were not at the hands of US. The Chinese suffered much worse, losing approximately 3.22 million soldiers. 9.13 million civilians died in crossfire, and another 8.4 million as non-military casualties. No if you add in that civillians loses then for sure the US does most of them.

This my first posting here, but have been for while and I find posts that are blindly nationalistic to be over top.
September 23rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

You're quite right. I'm extremely interested in seeing a topic with LOTS OF GOOD DETAIL on the Chinese/Japanese front. Nobody seems to know anything about it, ridiculous as that might seem. Well ... people know Nanking, and a few dates of general advance of the Japanese, but that's about it. Bear in mind that it would be off topic for this thread.
September 24th, 2004  
spymaster

Topic: Hm

"All real Americans traditionally love to fight, it's in our blood. Americans love a winner, and WILL not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time, thay's why Americans never lost, and will never loose a war. Because the very thought of loosing is hatefull to Americans" ~ George S. Patton

Really?

Americans don't love to fight, they are not a warrior nation, they crave peace and freedom and fairness to all.
They do love a winner which is a failing because they have lost (lose not loose) in Vietnam and when their capitol was burned in 1814(?). However comma they love of a winner stems from life and sport not warfare.
Americans are a wonderful, friendly, caring people but they have no warrior tradition and nor should they pretend to have such a heritage
September 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Were you planning to post something that has some relevance to the topic????

The quote you cited is Uncle Sam's signature, so its on all of his posts.

Also, I wouldn't throw about the "America has no warrior tradition" opinion too brazenly. Lots of enlisted folks here, and they're likely to take exception to that. If you want to discuss the warrior traditions of America, or the lack thereof, start a new thread for it and try to be diplomatic about it.
September 25th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

But anyways, could someone recap the German casualities on the Russian front?

Also about that "America is not a warrior" thing. That isn't true at all, we've been fightin' like heck ever sence the revolution. As member Doody has pointed out to me, we have had many wars, besides the big ones.

BLAM >>>>

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...706960-2743064
September 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Silly people, your going to get the topic locked or heavily editted with all this off-topicness.
September 25th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I don't see you recapping the casuality count!