German Ammo Pouch

Acapulco

Hello

Unfortunately I cannot post photos of the item in question as I am a new user.

I have obtained a three compartment ammo pouch which I believe to be German. I did think it was for Mauser ammo but the size is too big.

It is chocolate brown leather with the straps that fasten onto the underneath. It has the horizontal stitching like on a mauser one but also has two vertical studs over the stitching. It has 6 horizontal studs to the rear bottom of the pouch and two on the top rear. It also has studs on the sides. It is marked INT/98 or INT/28 on the rear and SA S on the top.

From my vague decription can anyone help.

Maybe Luftwaffe? not sure.

Last edited:
Is it like this?
K98_Brown_Ammo_pouch_Late_version_1.jpg

It is a little bit as far as the riveting on the front is concerned however it has the same stitching as the as the Mauser K98 and M1909. It is not riveted underneath but is between the compartments and on the back the top of the loop for the belt is a small brass plate with 2 rivets in each. It has another rivets on top and then 6 across the bottom rear. Someone suggested to me it could be saxon but not convinced. It is also chocolate brown leather not tan.
Thanks for your help.

I think it is an WW1 Mauser Cartridge Pouch.

I suspect it falls within the range of 1914 to 1934 because after 1933 Germany started using the M1933 Triple Cartridge pouch which was black where as the ones used prior to that were brown leather that had been blackened.

Back