Georgia "Invaded" By Russian Forces

--

August 8th, 2008  
Fox

Topic: Georgia "Invaded" By Russian Forces

Well, the world are much focus on the opening ceremony in Beijing while the Russians invaded Georgia...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...h-Ossetia.html
August 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Holy hell...
August 8th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Not cool.
--
August 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Wasn't this one of the scenarios from the first Ghost Recon? Send in the Ghosts!
August 8th, 2008  
wolfen

Could it be? Is the Soviet Union making a comeback?
August 8th, 2008  
SHERMAN

this is seriously bad. the georgians stand no military chance. the USA is over streched in Iraq and Afghanistan. The EU dosent have the balls to help/ Poor wee georgia...thier doomed.
August 8th, 2008  
Lunatik

Just watched a few videos about it on CNN. Shows the Russian tanks moving in and there's also an interview with the Georgian president (in English).

Here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ml#cnnSTCVideo

Personally, after watching all the videos currently available (including that of the Russian president) I believe Russia is definitely the wrong side here, are clearly violating international law and are also a bunch of hypocrites for doing this. They denied the Chechens the exact same rights they demand for Ossetians and Akhbazians.

August 8th, 2008  
The Other Guy

They don't care. They just want to start with something easy, like Georgia, before invading larger things...
August 8th, 2008  
Lunatik

Hope they'd stay away from Ukraine.

Well calculated timing though, I have to give it to them. They picked the day the Beijing 2008 olympics begin to attack, so that no one will care.

Big green guy wants to destroy the little orange guy.
August 8th, 2008  
wolfen

All I can say in a serious note is after 45 years of being alive,

Yea were at war in Iraq and Afghanistan, BUT you better keep an eye on this new war too or else its gonna turn really big before your done eating the Wheaties tomorrow morning