Georgia "Invaded" By Russian Forces

this is seriously bad. the georgians stand no military chance. the USA is over streched in Iraq and Afghanistan. The EU dosent have the balls to help/ Poor wee georgia...thier doomed.

Just watched a few videos about it on CNN. Shows the Russian tanks moving in and there's also an interview with the Georgian president (in English).

Here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/08/georgia.ossetia/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

Personally, after watching all the videos currently available (including that of the Russian president) I believe Russia is definitely the wrong side here, are clearly violating international law and are also a bunch of hypocrites for doing this. They denied the Chechens the exact same rights they demand for Ossetians and Akhbazians.

:evil:

Hope they'd stay away from Ukraine. :(

Well calculated timing though, I have to give it to them. They picked the day the Beijing 2008 olympics begin to attack, so that no one will care.

800px-Russia_Georgia_Locator.png

Big green guy wants to destroy the little orange guy. :(

Last edited:
All I can say in a serious note is after 45 years of being alive,

Yea were at war in Iraq and Afghanistan, BUT you better keep an eye on this new war too or else its gonna turn really big before your done eating the Wheaties tomorrow morning

georgians should give them a nice bloody nose though. i looked around, they have some nice new ATGW toys from europe...I smell alot of small AT teams...

Definitely.

Besides, a very important pipeline (BTC) is in danger, which carries crude oil and gas from the Caspian Sea region to the western markets. Russia, wanting to be the sole supplier of gas to EU, has always opposed to that. Now that they've created a chaos inside Georgia, they might take the opportunity to sabotage the pipeline or simply cut the flow. Don't be surprised if the price of gas suddenly rises dramatically.

061118_map_BTC_SCP.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan_pipeline

So that was why I saw Mr Putin humming "Georgia on my mind" at the opening of the Olympics.

What have the Georgians got to throw up against the Russians?

It's going to be interesting. Right now neither side has declared open war on each other but this could get very nasty very fast.

Georgia actually has Boot on the Ground in Iraq.

In the end I hope that the Soviets pull back there troops or that NATO gets off their collective asses and support Georgia.

Russia has been eyeing Georgia for ages. I am not surprised that it happened but am concerned about its timing.

So that was why I saw Mr Putin humming "Georgia on my mind" at the opening of the Olympics.

What have the Georgians got to throw up against the Russians?
Some vomit and a MiG-21. Unless they get help it will be over very fast.

In the end I hope that the Soviets pull back there troops or that NATO gets off their collective asses and support Georgia.
Like that's going to happen. :???:

Russia has been eyeing Georgia for ages. I am not surprised that it happened but am concerned about its timing.
The timing is perfect; no one is watching.

Back