Georgia "Invaded" By Russian Forces - Page 5

--

August 10th, 2008  
Lunatik

According to another news, because Russia has also targeted Georgia's infrastructure, and upon Georgia's request, Turkey (NATO) has started providing them with electricity.

http://www.cnnturk.com/HaberDetay/Ek...sladi/489857/0

BTW, here's a current NATO/Russia map.

Dark blue current members, light blue invited members, dark green promised invitation, light green intensified diaglogue, grey undeclared intent, red membership not a goal.
August 10th, 2008  
AikiRooster

Nobody is a person you "have to respect."

Not good. I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better.

Thanks Lunatik, your posts are helpful.
August 10th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
(1) Nobody is a person you "have to respect."

(2) Not good. I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better.
1-I suppose...

2-I agree.
--
August 10th, 2008  
Lunatik

Some Georgian army gear:

T-72 tank

BTR-80 armored personnel carrier

Otokar Cobra armored 4x4 IFV

152mm VZ77 Dana SPH
August 10th, 2008  
Big_Z

Damn , so Russia makes it's move. My solution would be to drop 5 BCT's in Georgia for training and tell the russians to watch their rounds. If one round hits an American troop well, we hate to be shot.
August 10th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Damn , so Russia makes it's move. My solution would be to drop 5 BCT's in Georgia for training and tell the russians to watch their rounds. If one round hits an American troop well, we hate to be shot.
But who do we send to fight them with our entire Army tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan?
August 10th, 2008  
AikiRooster

our entire Army is not tied up there.
August 10th, 2008  
Lunatik

Actually, chances of this escalating to a full scale war is pretty slim, there's huge Caucasian energy deals at stake here, and Russia knows better not to completely piss off the West. I think a cease fire will soon be declared, both Russia and Georgia will move out of South Ossetia and they will be given higher anonymity, though not complete independence or union with North Osseria in Russia. And when Georgia finally becomes a NATO member in 2009/10, that'll deter further aggression from Russia.

Or so I hope.
August 10th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiRooster
our entire Army is not tied up there.
There are a large number of troops in those two countries, and with numbers being what they are now we need them where they are. If we were to engage in a conflict with Russia it would take a LOT of soldiers, more than we have avaliable at the present time without a draft, which would undoubtedly make the youths of America a lot less apathetic in a hurry...

I think Bush will try to stay neutral, which, at the present moment, is probably a wise move.
August 10th, 2008  
AikiRooster

We'll see. Russia seems to be itching for a war with us these days. I knew the Bear was not gone.