Georgia "Invaded" By Russian Forces

Proof that Russia/Putin tries to manipulate the rest of the world with lies:

Mr Putin said Georgia was committing "complete genocide".
He said the territorial integrity of Georgia had "suffered a fatal blow", suggesting that it was unlikely that South Ossetia would re-integrate with the rest of Georgia after the conflict.

He said the conflict had created at least 34,000 refugees.
This figure wildly conflicts with that cited by the UN refugee agency, which it says is based on information supplied by both sides.
The UN estimates that about 2,400 people have fled South Ossetia to other parts of Georgia while between 4,000 and 5,000 have crossed the border into Russia.

Knowing that no one will dare take on Russia, they just want to take another chunk of land from poor and defenseless Georgia. This brings to mind the expansionist politics of the old Soviet era. Let's see what the Georgian president has to say:

President Saakashvili told the BBC on Saturday that Moscow wanted to take control of energy routes to Europe and accused it of "war crimes" against civilians.

SHAME ON YOU RUSSIA! :evil:

Who says the US or NATO has to take on Russia? Maybe the thought of that war is enough to scare Russia into submission. Russia isn't the powerhouse it used to be. I bet a simple Opfor exercise is enough to make them think twice. I bet 5 Brigade's in Georgia could end this. It is only a exercise right?

Or it could provoke them into even greater action on top of this what makes you think the Russians see the US as a "powerhouse" either lets be realistic here if China decided to call in its markers the US economy would collapse overnight.

Proof that Russia/Putin tries to manipulate the rest of the world with lies:
Knowing that no one will dare take on Russia, they just want to take another chunk of land from poor and defenseless Georgia. This brings to mind the expansionist politics of the old Soviet era. Let's see what the Georgian president has to say:
SHAME ON YOU RUSSIA! :evil:

At the very best/worst SO will gain some form of independence (along the lines of Kosovo I would guess) and they may then choose to become part of Russia but that will take years so I doubt this can be considered "expansionist, and as for poor defenceless Georgia well here is a hint right out of the Manuel Noriega play book "Dictators for Dummies" dont declare war on a country that can fit your entire country into a suburb it just doesnt work.

Last edited:
Lol true on the China thing. How don't they see the US as a threat? I know I do not need to discuss history with you. How long did it take Russia to get kicked out of Afghanistan? Before you bring up Vietnam we actually won those battles, the Russians got their asses handed to them. They are not stupid people, they would rather build their economy and force then wage a war. Is this tiny province worth waging a full blown war over it, is your pride worth it? This is what Russia would be asking itself and I bet I could come up with the answer.

Last edited:
Lol true on the China thing. How don't they see the US as a threat? I know I do not need to discuss history with you. How long did it take Russia to get kicked out of Afghanistan? Before you bring up Vietnam we actually won those battles, the Russians got their asses handed to them. They are not stupid people, they would rather build their economy and force then wage a war.

Because you are talking about the two primary nuclear powers they simply are not going to put themselves in a position that will ensure mutual destruction which means they will not risk direct involvement on a battlefield unless there is a strategic reason for both parties to be there and I hate to break it to ya but a mountain range in the middle of nowhere is probably just not going to be strategic enough.

Now given that the Russians are already there the USA will not risk sending troops of its own on top of this from a purely logistical point of view any US "campaign" in the region against a well equipped and supplied opposition (even a technically inferior one) would be almost untenable.

No, not an "open" confrontation. You are not tracking on how the US works. A simple "training" mission for our "Iraqi" allies is something entirely different. And yes we do have troops in Georgia training them for Iraq so what would stop us from sending more? Georgia sent troops to Iraq for us, thats hard to ignore. I do not think the US would openly declare war on Russia short of them attacking us.

Last edited:
No, not an "open" confrontation. You are not tracking on how the US works. A simple "training" mission for our "Iraqi" allies is something entirely different. And yes we do have troops in Georgia training them for Iraq so what would stop us from sending more? Georgia sent troops to Iraq for us, thats hard to ignore. I do not think the US would openly declare war on Russia short of them attacking us.

Because its just not worth the effort to be honest:
1) I think its pretty clear that this is not an invasion of Georgia itself while they may be sending troops in the SO region its not really expanding beyond those borders.

2) I doubt that a couple of hundred "advisers" would prevent a full blown invasion if they were to launch one.

3) Lets be realistic here shall we, this is little more than a Russian power play it will run its course and the Russians will be back home by the end of the week/month and everything will carry on as normal it simply will not evolve into anything more than a storm in a teacup.

Obviously, that would be different if Georgia were already a NATO member. I would be surprised if it goes any larger scale but ya never, the world is funky.

The US already has a couple hundred "advisers" there, 10,000 would be an entirely different thing. Russia has overstepped its boundaries, literary. You want to level one of your own cities to the ground fine, we will ignore that. They are now crossing into an American friends territory, dangerous ****. We have a saying, "Stay in your own lane". Russia has failed.

Must see video of Georgian president:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7551753.stm

saakashvili.jpg

The US already has a couple hundred "advisers" there, 10,000 would be an entirely different thing. Russia has overstepped its boundaries, literary. You want to level one of your own cities to the ground fine, we will ignore that. They are now crossing into an American friends territory, dangerous ****. We have a saying, "Stay in your own lane". Russia has failed.

Well by all means start spouting it but don't be offended the Russians give you a one fingered salute and carry on doing what they are doing because they are somewhat hollow threats.

You know I just don't think a couple of Russian officers decided one day over a cask of vodka to invade SO for shits and giggles, there are some really high paid Russians sitting in Moscow mulling over the options they will be well educated and well schooled in their professions and they will have gone over every permeation of this action with a fine tooth comb multiple times and I would suggest that they know what they can get away with and what they can't.

Well I would'nt say for shits and giggles. The dead peacekeepers was a good excuse but for the most part your right. Yes I am sure this is just a little move by them to prove to the world they are still there. They can still kiss my ass for it.

All of their troops? I thought they were pulling only half of them. Read somewhere that they asked for transport assistance from the US.

No all of them, who can blame them? they need every man they can muster to fight the Russians.

russians are now entering avchazia territory, on the othe side of georgia...their really punshing this little country.

Well by all means start spouting it but don't be offended the Russians give you a one fingered salute and carry on doing what they are doing because they are somewhat hollow threats.

You know I just don't think a couple of Russian officers decided one day over a cask of vodka to invade SO for shits and giggles, there are some really high paid Russians sitting in Moscow mulling over the options they will be well educated and well schooled in their professions and they will have gone over every permeation of this action with a fine tooth comb multiple times and I would suggest that they know what they can get away with and what they can't.

They were always master poker players, and it worked well for them; at one time they were winning WW111 without firing a shot. Reagan and Maggie Thatcher happened to call their bluff at the right moment, after vision by Nixon.

At present their tails are up financially and so they are flexing their muscles and looking to punch their weight once more. They haven't gone away.

Did you guys check out Youtube lately Russians are trying to get their side of the story out. I think you gents were abit quick to blame the Russians for the invasion when Georgia started the first armed assualt.

Real fast here are the facts Georgia launched a military offensive into SO on the day the olympics started, this offensive was a combined arms assualt on an area that does not want to be part of Georgia, then the Russians moved in. Had Georgia not take that aggressive action then the Russians would not have moved in in.

This was a huge mistake made in Georgia thinking they could take over SO without the world noticing or caring and they would have execpt Putin was ready to move and it now looks like a blunder for Georgia execpt some folks would rather Georgia be allowed to begin ethnic cleansing. You know it amazes me if no one did anything people would say why did not some one act, when some one acts just because we don't really like them now they are the bad guys.

Moderatir Edit: dont post back to back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that they know what they can get away with and what they can't.

This is probably quite a lot, because their main weapons nowadays are not made from plutonium but oil and gas, and the fear in the West now is their reluctance to deliver them. The West will have a close eye on the pipelines that run through Georgia

Real fast here are the facts Georgia launched a military offensive into SO on the day the olympics started, this offensive was a combined arms assualt on an area that does not want to be part of Georgia, then the Russians moved in. Had Georgia not take that aggressive action then the Russians would not have moved in in.

This was a huge mistake made in Georgia thinking they could take over SO without the world noticing or caring and they would have execpt Putin was ready to move and it now looks like a blunder for Georgia execpt some folks would rather Georgia be allowed to begin ethnic cleansing. You know it amazes me if no one did anything people would say why did not some one act, when some one acts just because we don't really like them now they are the bad guys.

Topmaul, I think you are right on most points here!

However, I still believe that the Georgians have started this thing without much hope to achieve a victory and regain their territory!

I believe, their goal to break the stalemate . In ANY direction!!!

The probelm with these territories South Ossethia and Abkhazia is that the Russians have made themselves simultaneously(!) the peacekeepers, intermediaries AND participants in these conflicts!

On one hand, they were confirming the Georgian Souverinty over these territories(on paper only), on other - they were giving away Russian passports to everyone interested in those regions, buying swats of properties and keeping their forces there as PEACEKEEPERS.
So, they were blatantly supporting one side in the conflict and in the same time were the referees of the same conflict!

It was an impossible situation for the Georgians. The had to complain about the Russian's behavior to the same Russians.

What's even more important, these territories, apparently, are lost to Georgia(and the Georgians themselves have a huge portion of blame for that!), but it has been impossible to cut losses and move on, because, in formality, the return of these lands was still possible.
But it was just an illusion.

I think, Georgian attack had it's goal not a military victory(it was impossible considering the balance of military end economic mights) but exposing the true situation there.

From now on, Russia can be seen as a peacekeeper and an umpair - only as a participant!
It can annex these territories or acknowledge their "independence" - it doesn't matter.
But it gives the Georgian population a clear understanding of what the situation is, it gives Georgia right to demand international peacekeepers

Last edited:
Two members of USA Volleyball Coach's family stabbed by Chinese National, then Chinese National jumps to death. Oh yeah, lovely world we live in.
I feel so proud that a Chinese woman could be the coach of USA wolleyball. Also i will be very happy to see her and her team win the gold model

Back