Geo W. - The Legend?

Del Boy

As Geo W. Bush, who found himself saddled with the poisoned chalice of having to face and deal with the militant Islam attacks upon USA and a great deal of the rest of the world, calmly aims to concentrate on the Israel/Palestinian issue, it is surely timely to consider just how able any of the current candidates for his job will be , confronted by similiar situations, or how ,indeed, they would have performed under the terrible pressures he inherited. Can it seriously be thought that those problems will disappear with him? Will it become almost immediately apparent that it is once again time to beat the incumbant around the head for attempting to grasp the nettle. Will he/she deserve the Geo. W. treatment.

Will America eventually be left cursing his passing? Will a weaker attitude towards America's enemies prove devastating?

Last edited:
AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

no way, no how....can any one BUT you delboy, even CONSIDER george w a legend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the stories of his "stuffups" will become legendary, but there it will end I feel.

The USA has had many truly legendary presidents, but I'm afraid that poor old G.W. will never make the cut. At best the class clown, at worst,...... well, he's not finished yet.

ell just to play the devils advocate a bit my opinion is that while he will not be regarded as the best US president of the last 200 years he certainly wont be the worst either.

There are a lot of things I don't like about the guy but he has had to face more issues than most and to be honest other than Iraq I can't say he has done badly but then I cannot really talk about American domestic policy as I don't follow it.

However regardless of what I think of GWB I do think this is funny.

It is my view that most of GW's problems were bought about by the NeoCons in their attempts to keep him in power. In short he bought it upon himself.

The 2991 official casualties of 9/11 are now fast fading into relative insignificance as the US death toll in Iraq passes 3900 with a further 28,000+ maimed for life and wounded along with an estimated 1,650,000 Iraqi dead.

Yeah,.... they may only be camel jockey's but it all needs to be taken into consideration when it is strongly suspected that the war was started on a false premise anyway.

Unfortunately the west sees the US as the the worlds policeman, and the poor good natured American public step up to the plate once again to sacrifice the cream of their youth, and when it's all over most of those countries will not even acknowledge their sacrifice.

It's a tragedy of the worst kind to be killed in a totally unnecessary war. Even worse when it is being fought for domestic political ends.

Last edited:

Well, sniper, what do you know? Certainly NOT the significance of the question mark! Q-u-e-s-t-i-o-n m-a-r-k, you must remember surely, -question mark? Like this - '? '. Here's another for you - '? '. But then, you wouldn't understand the question, either.

Looks like you just MADE the mistake. Nice photo - very funny indeedio. The dog's bollocks, as we say in England. How about using it as your avatar? (Sorry to mention it here, but I think you could do with a shave.)

Was it painful?

Infern0, your answer was completely lost on us Neanderthals without that question mark, and you've made one of our forum members cry, you bully.

Now, write out 100 times "?" Without the quotation marks you absolute cretin.

I want it on my desk in 24 hours, or Redleg will flog you within an inch of your life with the wet tail of a Norwegian sardine.

Bad, baaad Infern0.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not to mention the fact that most of New Orleans is STILL in ruins.

Ahhh,.... the area was only occupied by poor people anyway, how much did they contribute to the Republican coffers at the last election?

Infern0, your answer was completely lost on us Neanderthals without that question mark, and you've made one of our forum members cry, you bully.

Now, write out 100 times "?" Without the quotation marks you absolute cretin.

I want it on my desk in 24 hours, or Redleg will flog you within an inch of your life with the wet tail of a Norwegian sardine.

Bad, baaad Infern0.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cry with laughter of course.

Ah yes, another guy who can't see the difference the question mark makes. Take 100 lines yourself.

Even so - I really must congratulate Inferno on his photo, brilliant, it would look great in his pass-port.

Hey guys, gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "down-under", don't it?

(NB. Question mark there for you both.)

It would be a brave, (or more likely, foolish) man who is not an Oxford Don, yet he starts offering advice to others, in matters of the English language.

If that person read what was being said, and spent less time trying to play "the English Master", he would have understood that in the case of the photo, the very first word, "You", implied the person to whom the answer was directed.

So whose passport was the photo for?

Me?.... I don't care particularly, as I speak Australian 99% of the time, and I'm not really fussed about that either.

Last edited:
(Hallo - are you Inferno in disguise?)

Sorry I didn't mean to steal your thunder. Yes, taking another look I understand that he probably did mean it for you.
Never mind - 'down under' applies to you as well doesn't it, so no harm done. Great pic though!! LOL.

Now then - Seriously, how about getting back on topic? We transgess.

Which of the current candidates would have been able to handle the poisoned chalice, and how would they have dealt with it ?

Very timely to consider, with elections at hand.

As Geo W. Bush, who found himself saddled with the poisoned chalice of having to face and deal with the militant Islam attacks upon USA and a great deal of the rest of the world, calmly aims to concentrate on the Israel/Palestinian issue, it is surely timely to consider just how able any of the current candidates for his job will be , confronted by similiar situations, or how ,indeed, they would have performed under the terrible pressures he inherited. Can it seriously be thought that those problems will disappear with him? Will it become almost immediately apparent that it is once again time to beat the incumbant around the head for attempting to grasp the nettle. Will he/she deserve the Geo. W. treatment.

Will America eventually be left cursing his passing? Will a weaker attitude towards America's enemies prove devastating?

I do not think that he will go down as a legend but he has made the U.S alot safer place to live in, what did the rest of world want us to do in our reaction to the 911 attacks.

We have taken the fight to the enemy and it is alot better to kill them on their own home turf then to let them come here and deal with them.

No, I'm not infern0, and I realise fully that I have committed the greatest mistake in warfare, in that I interrupted his opponent whilst that opponent was making a mistake.

Regarding the question. All answers are purely hypothetical of course, in that none of the other candidates have been given the chance to have a go, but I'm sure that there are few persons in the world including the bloke that comes to prune my fruit trees who couldn't have made a better job of it.

Really, his judgement has been abyssmal. I say "his" judgement knowing full well that his advice is given to him by others, but poor old GW can't even pick a winner with them to help him. Although, when one sees who he chose, it's not difficult to understand.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, everyone is incensed at the 9/11 attack, but poor advice and even poorer judgement by GW has killed more innocent US citizens than the terrorists did on that terrible day.

I could go on,... and on,... and on, but I'm sure we all read the papers and see what is going on every day on news.

I do not think that he will go down as a legend but he has made the U.S alot safer place to live in, what did the rest of world want us to do in our reaction to the 911 attacks.

We have taken the fight to the enemy and it is alot better to kill them on their own home turf then to let them come here and deal with them.

How do you know it is a lot safer?
Lets face it there wasn't a lot of terrorist attacks on US soil prior to 9/11 either so its hard to determine his success, I would however suggest that:
1) US citizens outside the US are not safer.
2) The world in general is now a far more fractured and less secure place.

As far as world expectations post 9/11 go I would suggest that they expected the US to go after the perpetrators and not get side tracked trying to ignite some middle eastern crusade.

I think it is a measure of how bad his standing is in the world that nations are holding off dealing with the US until he is out office on major issues such as the middle east and climate change.

A legend ... NO WAY ...

My opinion ... the ONLY place that GW Bush is a legend, IS IN HIS OWN MIND.

Someone stated he wasn't the worst President ever to serve, and I really question that statement. IF he isn't the worst President ever, then he will do until someone worse comes along.

From a war that wasn't justified to a war on terror which seems to be derailed (what do you call NOT being able to locate Bin Ladin?), foreign policies that have done more to ruin America's reputation than the last 10 Presidents combined, domestic policies that have resulted in a business climate that is one of the worst in recent memory, a spiralling National Debt with the largest deficits ever seen. ALL of this plus more, certainly places GW's name at the head of the list of the worst Presidents ever.

What I have just mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg ... it doesn't even mention the impact GW's decisions and policies have had on the American Constitution NOR the impact on individual American rights and freedoms NOR the attack on Geneva Convention rules and regs covering Prisoners of War.

A legend ... NO WAY ... a nightmare ... DEFINITELY.

America will be able to wake up from THE NIGHTMARE on January 20, 2009 when GW becomes just another civilian once more. He can go back to being a cowboy in Texas instead of a drugstore cowboy in the Whitehouse.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT WHOEVER TAKES HIS PLACE, IS ABLE TO UNDO PART OF THE DAMAGE GW IS RESPONSIBLE FOR.

Last edited:
Chief he'll become a legend alright, about 200 years from now the legend will be that a long time ago the US had a madman in the white house.

let's not forget the fact that the dollar is worth less than the Canaidan Dollar.

I really hope you are joking about this.

Although even the New Zealand dollar has doubled in value against the US dollar in the last 7 years I recall getting US0.36 to the NZ dollar in 1998-99 and I purchased some the other day for US0.78.

See so theres a positive for GWB he has made my vacations much cheaper.

Back