Geo W. - The Legend?

I'll take that as a No, then , that most so far do not fancy his chances of becoming a legend. Of course, America has not spoken, and very few Americans have spoken on this thread. Interestingly, atheists and agnostics have been heavily involved here, and this is interesting because they are the group which will swing religious domination of the 21st century into the enthusaistic hands of Islam. This is because they keep their sights trained on pulling down christianity for reasons of their own , and the void they create will be filled by Islam. Why atheists and agnostics and let us say, non-religious gays, feel they will be better under the rule of an all-powerful Islam, rather than christianity, I do not fathom.
But of course, we all get the government we deserve in the long run, because we are the electorate, so I guess that will be fine, particularly as I will not be around to enjoy the experience .

Interesting that, ain't it?

None of you seem to be keen to chance a shot at how you think any of the current candidates would have coped with the ol' poisoned chalice that America's president has had to face, but you sure as hell are gonna find out soon, so make sure you make the right choice. Ooooh - you think things could not get worse? Try a weak-kneed apologiser or fanciful sweeper-away of your political evolution.
Then, in a few years, history will have weighed old George.

Anyway guys- I wish you all the best with your election, and I really hope that you turn up a real winner.

I do not think that he will go down as a legend but he has made the U.S alot safer place to live in, what did the rest of world want us to do in our reaction to the 911 attacks.

We have taken the fight to the enemy and it is alot better to kill them on their own home turf then to let them come here and deal with them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you really think we are safer because of Bush then its time to go out in the world and stop reading what the Bush administration spoon feds the public.

Thanks to Bush, the whole world HATES us. Thats the whole world. We are hated coast to coast on every continent, even the Europeans hate our guts. The British hate us even more than the French do. We are loathed by everyone with the exception of perhaps Israel (one of the reasons we are despised).

How safe do you really feel when hald the world's population would like to destroy the USA in a radioactive cloud and the other half would pay to watch it?

Take my word on this as an American abroad, we are not safer, its much more dangerous. Even in Europe, I have to be careful about who knows my nationality. Thats something I never experianced before.

Weird what I read is that he hasn't done well at home on domestic issues such as the economy and disaster relief although some people feel he has improved security at home and he is not popular internationally.

None of you seem to be keen to chance a shot at how you think any of the current candidates would have coped with the ol' poisoned chalice that America's president has had to face, but you sure as hell are gonna find out soon, so make sure you make the right choice. Ooooh - you think things could not get worse? Try a weak-kneed apologiser or fanciful sweeper-away of your political evolution.
Then, in a few years, history will have weighed old George.

Seems to me the answer is simple what people want:
1) Internationally is someone that the rest of the world can work with and not work for.
2) Domestically is someone that places a reasonable priority on home affairs while keeping the country secure.

I have to admit though I missed the "Islamic" connotations to this question although I should have known there was one when I read the thread originators name.

Well if you guys hate him that much then you most likely will hate him even more due to the fact that he still has 1 more year as the U.S President and he already has made the statement that there is unfinished business that needs tending to. I get the feeling that most of you are nothing more than a bunch of liberals and were pissed from the beginning that the democrats lost the presidency, not one time but twice, thats kinda funny isn`t it the worse president in U.S history was voted in twice. God bless president Bush for making America safer and being a close friend to Israel.

Last edited:
I dunno that the world hates Gee Dubberya, but there's no denying that he is actively disliked and distrusted. I would say that the radical Muslims would be one group who could safely be said to hate him, but they traditionally engage in such stupid and wasteful pursuits so this comes as no surprise.

He has perhaps, one saving grace, he keeps the Russkies heads below the parapet because being such a loose cannon he just might do something stupid. This recent resurgence by them is possibly something to do with testing the water in this regard.

I dunno that the world hates Gee Dubberya, but there's no denying that he is actively disliked and distrusted. I would say that the radical Muslims would be one group who could safely be said to hate him, but they traditionally engage in such stupid and wasteful pursuits so this comes as no surprise.

He has perhaps, one saving grace, he keeps the Russkies heads below the parapet because being such a loose cannon he just might do something stupid. This recent resurgence by them is possibly something to do with testing the water in this regard.

Russian resurgence has more to do with them having a president that remembers the cold war as the good old days. Europeans will be hating him just as much as they hate Bush due to them having to depend on Russia for oil and gas, they will be like a puppet on a string.

However, some of the old eastern bloc countries (i.e. Poland, Hungary, The Ukraine) have beefed up their military with western tech. They should be able to keep pace if it comes to that (and the assistance from the EU and NATO)

For oil, I'm sure the US will happily invade another middle eastern country for some ;)

However, some of the old eastern bloc countries (i.e. Poland, Hungary, The Ukraine) have beefed up their military with western tech. They should be able to keep pace if it comes to that (and the assistance from the EU and NATO)

For oil, I'm sure the US will happily invade another middle eastern country for some ;)

Really - and just how much oil are we getting from Iraq due to our big adventure.

Poland yes, but just how much western techology does Hungary and the Ukraine recieved from their change of events. It will not matter, with all of Western Europe conducting drastic drawdowns in military capabilities and Russian conducting arms build up the tables will be turned in about 10 years if Europe maintains its pacifistic attitude, or just maybe they are counting on that country that they have all learned to hate.

I guess you're right. (I am of polish ancestry, so I was trying to think of someone else to eliminate the bias.)

This Jihad war was going to explode eventually, it has been like a ticking time bomb for the last twenty years, any world leader that would stick his neck out to confront it ran the risk of world condemnation for it. We will win this fight, and it doesn`t matter who is in the White House.

Let me also state that I am not a biased person and I can respect everyone feelings inregards to the Iraq issue, I for one do not understand why Bush picked that country to contain the fight but he has and hopefully someday the Iraqis will be able to live in peace instead of looking down the barrel of a gun, we are there and we cannot back out and leave them after everything they have been through, we have to assist them not abandon them.

Poland is a country that will be a major player and someday will have the industrial might to compete with countries like Germany and you what, after everything that they have been through they deserve it.

This Jihad war was going to explode eventually, it has been like a ticking time bomb for the last twenty years, any world leader that would stick his neck out to confront it ran the risk of world condemnation for it.
Not necessarily. A truly smart leader could have had the support and admiration of the non Muslim world. It was not the fact that GW stuck his neck out that made him the pariah, it was the methods he employed, like lying about the WMD, when the rest of the word were convinced that it was all a fairy story, then his attempts to cover up his lies with stories of finding signs of mobile biological warfare labs etc. It just went on and on, he's just digging himself further and further into the p00.

We will win this fight, and it doesn`t matter who is in the White House.

We cant win! The coalition have already suffered more casualties than were caused by 9/11, (most of which are US citizens) the best we can wish for is to suffer less dead and wounded than the opposition. Even if we successfully pacified every country in the Middle East the coalition will be tainted in the eyes of the free world because of the circumstances surrounding this war.

Let me also state that I am not a biased person and I can respect everyone feelings inregards to the Iraq issue, I for one do not understand why Bush picked that country to contain the fight but he has and hopefully someday the Iraqis will be able to live in peace instead of looking down the barrel of a gun, we are there and we cannot back out and leave them after everything they have been through, we have to assist them not abandon them.

Poland is a country that will be a major player and someday will have the industrial might to compete with countries like Germany and you what, after everything that they have been through they deserve it.

I'm sure that many other ex-Easterm Bloc countries will also turn out to be responsible world citizens once they get their economies straightened out.
Poland probably came first because they have always been a well governed, moderate country with a proud military that could punch well above it's perceived weight.

Kazakhstan would be my other pick. where as the US ally in that region is my (coming true at the moment actually) pick for country most likely to descend into dictator run torturing :cens: hole of the world

Uzbekistan

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, we had a documentary about 12 months ago showing attempts by the local electricty authority trying to stop the locals stealing electricity. Talk about hair raising, one guy is literally cooked on the floor of a local sub station and the next bloke just steps gingerly over him, power cable in hand. Meanwhile flashes and the sound of high voltage arcing can be heard in the background.

Crazy bastewards!!

Yeah, we had a documentary about 12 months ago showing attempts by the local electricty authority trying to stop the locals stealing electricity. Talk about hair raising, one guy is literally cooked on the floor of a local sub station and the next bloke just steps gingerly over him, power cable in hand. Meanwhile flashes and the sound of high voltage arcing can be heard in the background.

Crazy bastewards!!

HAHA! I'm an industrial electrician, and I've seen people do that. Idiots.

Yeah, umm, it's 12,470 volts, maybe 13,800 on a delta T-former, so it's not a gonna work on your application anyway. But hey, if you want to play flash gordon trying to ground that thing, let me by all means allow you to be stupid. You know, that static thing really doesn't matter, anyway.

LOL

Dorks. They think we go do 5 years of training for nothing? LOL!

:eek:fftopic:It never ceases to amaze me the number of idiots overseas in places like Kazakhstan shown on youtube cooked on HV distribution lines. Here's three in Iran trying for a free cremation..... Successfully it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMU42Sbx0A

Here in Aus we generally have 11Kv local and 33Kv Regional distributors, it certainly wouldn't do much good for the old TV or Mum's iron. Generally our 240vac sees most people out if it gets hold of them.
:eek:fftopic: I'd better let this thread get back on topic.

Last edited:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks to Bush, the whole world HATES us. Thats the whole world. We are hated coast to coast on every continent, even the Europeans hate our guts. The British hate us even more than the French do. We are loathed by everyone with the exception of perhaps Israel (one of the reasons we are despised)."

Not really accurate MM. The whole world does not hate you. A great deal of the Islamic world, but they also hate a great many others. Hatred is a common currency , and if Israel did not exist nothing would change in that respect, just as it will not when Geo W. stands down. You were hated on 9/11 and couldn't understand why. You stand in the way of great ambitions. You are also despised, like Geo W. by the left wing liberal media and their cohorts, and by the anti-christians, who may one day find that they backed the wrong horse.

Please don't speak for Britain, only those I listed above fall into that category, we are still allies of USA . As for France, are they not now moving closer to USA?

------------------------------------------------------------------

How safe do you really feel when hald the world's population would like to destroy the USA in a radioactive cloud and the other half would pay to watch it?quote

Well, in truth, one would have to say that the first half would describe the first afore-mentioned above, and the paying half would be represented by the second group I mentioned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Take my word on this as an American abroad, we are not safer, its much more dangerous. Even in Europe, I have to be careful about who knows my nationality. Thats something I never experianced before.

Absolutely, I have been warning of this for some time, as you are aware, and it is due to Islamification and the rise of Islamic extremism .

It stems not from this century, but from the Mahdi in Sudan,in the 1880's, when he was able to raise Islamic ambitions throughout the Muslim world, and an army of 50,000, only to be taken down by the British, who had alienated Sudan by stopping Sudan's huge slave trade, which they dominated, slavery being acceptable in Islam. The influence of Wilberforce was the inspiration of that.

It was the Mahdi who called for Jihad.

Osama bin Laden is practically a re-incarnation of the Mahdi, and inspires extremism in the same way. The Mahdi's model is the one we face, with the same type of charismatic leader.

So with the power of oil money and the grand universal ambitions of Islam, this world confrontation was inevitable.

So how would any other leader of the western have faced it? Who will extricate you form the threat that was always there and remains for the next torch carrier. And Britain and France have also been unable to halt the process.

You must now vote in King Canute I suppose.

As for George, he now calls for Iran to be dealt with before it is too late. Does he know all the things we cannot, of is it just that he is a visionary?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that no member of the Bush family (other than the esteemed president) has a southern accent? Everyone else speaks plain english, while George "Texafies" everything.

Where does he get it?

As for George, he now calls for Iran to be dealt with before it is too late. Does he know all the things we cannot, of is it just that he is a visionary?

George's main problem in dealing with the Muslim world is his lack of vision and imagination, he has never looked beyond a Military "solution". Of course having the NeoCons as his main supporters doesn't help either.

"To a man who only sees a hammer in his toolbox, every problem begins to look like a nail"

Has anyone noticed that no member of the Bush family (other than the esteemed president) has a southern accent? Everyone else speaks plain english, while George "Texafies" everything.

Where does he get it?

What's wrong with Texas? I like Texas. And Texas likes me!

Back