Gentlemen, the Ball is rolling

M.Bajulus

If You'll forgive my intoxication, I would like to announce that I've put forwards the initial Application to joint he Australian Navy, Although i do have some questions for you gentlemen.

1. Do any of you know if the fact i have ADHD and take Ritalin as medication will adversly affect my chances of sucessfully joining the RAN.

2. I'm a shortarse, bit bulky in the chest but i do have a problem with me gut, you guys know of any way to get around a BMI check other than the Excersize route (which i am presently attempting)

also, nice forum you've got here.

Best of luck in your endeavors. Didn't you cover your concerns with your recruiter? That would seem to be the most immediate way to get an up-to-date answer.

Cheers, though i started with the Defencejobs site (the ecruiting site), where i filled in the form online, gave my mobile phone number etc.

the site has some information, though I am unsure as to whether or not the Ritalin falls under the following chunk of text

Entrants will be required to carry out not only the duties of their primary military occupation but will also be expected to perform arduous duties of a general service nature both in peace and war, under field conditions, in extremes of climate and without more than basic medical or dental support. Applicants must therefore be free of any illness or disability that would prevent them from carrying out these duties throughout their Service life. You will be given a medical questionnaire to take home and complete. Those questions marked with an asterisk require further clarification when you go in for testing.

So you haven't actually talked to a recruiter? You need to correct that and stop waiting patiently for an E-mail. Call the recruiter the old fashioned way, a phone.

Better yet, just go down to the local recruiting office and run him down. Recruiters are a wealth of information and will be able to give you the real scoop.

Good luck.

So you haven't actually talked to a recruiter? You need to correct that and stop waiting patiently for an E-mail. Call the recruiter the old fashioned way, a phone.

Better yet, just go down to the local recruiting office and run him down. Recruiters are a wealth of information and will be able to give you the real scoop.

Good luck.
not quite the way it works round here...

not quite the way it works round here...

I was thinking that aswell, never seen a single thing like a recruiting office or a military advertisment poster around [And hey, I live near Duntroon mil. college]

Only things I see is those Navy add's on the tele.

You don't have local recruiting offices in Oz? That is interesting. Here they are all over the place. the U.S. spends about $10,000 a head to snag a recruit.

They've even simplified the process by putting the recruiting offices for each branch of service side by side. Each National Guard Armory also has a recruiter.

And recruiters aggressively canvas the high schools, assuming the school district will let them in. Although rare, some schools won't actively help recruiters.

For awhile, they even tried to pay soldiers a "finders fee" for anyone they talked into enlisting. It wasn't too shabby, like $1,000 a head or something. I haven't heard of that program in a few years, so it probably just withered and died.

We don't make deals to enlist people. Recruiters will be at career expo's at schools and will talk to year 11 and 12 once a year in a voluntary meeting.

You don't have local recruiting offices in Oz? That is interesting. Here they are all over the place. the U.S. spends about $10,000 a head to snag a recruit.

They've even simplified the process by putting the recruiting offices for each branch of service side by side. Each National Guard Armory also has a recruiter.

And recruiters aggressively canvas the high schools, assuming the school district will let them in. Although rare, some schools won't actively help recruiters.

For awhile, they even tried to pay soldiers a "finders fee" for anyone they talked into enlisting. It wasn't too shabby, like $1,000 a head or something. I haven't heard of that program in a few years, so it probably just withered and died.

we do things differently compared to the u.s even in general emplyment
recruiting offices do exist but they perform a different role to which u.s ones do and there aren't that many this is also a result of small population and very large country....

so how did it go???

Last edited:
Back