--

September 10th, 2007  
phoenix80

Topic: General Petraeus report to the US congress

Watch it here

http://www.c-span.org/watch/cs_cspan...at=TV&Code=CS3
September 10th, 2007  
Team Infidel

talk about it... ... pretty interesting.. reinforces my dislike for the democrats
September 10th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
talk about it... ... pretty interesting.. reinforces my dislike for the democrats
I actually thought the Dems were representing the Iranian/Syrian alliance in the hearing. And you have to see the ad calling this fine gentleman Petraeus, "General Betray Us", which come to think of it, makes me dislike the Dems too. Disgusting!

http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/...8-e0199142f9cc
--
September 10th, 2007  
phoenix80

Rock On, Duncan Hunter! [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

Since the House can't get the general a working microphone...let's watch Duncan Hunter's opening statement. The man is a great American:

http://tank.nationalreview.com/post/...TEzYzQ3NTQxZDk
September 10th, 2007  
Del Boy

I watched it live. The General did great. So did the Ambassador. The democrats tried to destroy the General 's reputation and his report BEFORE he even started. The podium was occupied inappropriately for far too long beforehand. They had the General sat waiting like a spare, but he maintained his dignity and then put them to shame.

Their reports confirmed some of the front line military reports we have had here.

Just imagine, if they pull it off! A strong peaceful situation right there?
Wow. That's worth going for. Yeah, they tell me I'm a dreamer, but I believe in USA. My money's always on them. God Bless 'em.
September 11th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
I watched it live. The General did great. So did the Ambassador. The democrats tried to destroy the General 's reputation and his report BEFORE he even started. The podium was occupied inappropriately for far too long beforehand. They had the General sat waiting like a spare, but he maintained his dignity and then put them to shame.

Their reports confirmed some of the front line military reports we have had here.

Just imagine, if they pull it off! A strong peaceful situation right there?
Wow. That's worth going for. Yeah, they tell me I'm a dreamer, but I believe in USA. My money's always on them. God Bless 'em.
Leftist were up in arms to disgrace Gen. Petraeus but failed to do so
September 11th, 2007  
phoenix80

Don’t forget to make your voice heard on N.Z. Bear’s petition:

September 11th, 2007  
Gator

Is it just United States Congress Bashing which is allowed on this Forum or can one also Bash the United States Supreme Court as well as the White House?
September 11th, 2007  
MontyB

I am guessing the answer will be determined by who is running each of said institutions at the time.
September 11th, 2007  
Chief Bones

What disturbs me is what wasn't included in Petreaus' report ... American troops are affecting the level of violence where troop strength has been increased ... but ... in areas where no increases have been accomplished, the level of violence continues unabated. Petraeus seemed to gloss over the actions (or lack of action), on the part of the Iraqi government to make even the slightest effort to resolve the sectarian differences which are leading to the sectarian violence that continues.

Amb. Crocker has painted a verbal picture of the Iraqi people who generally believe that the Americans are not doing their jobs and responsible for much of the violence because of their presence at levels which are too low to handle the violence ... they are also skeptical that the American troops are having the effect that Petreaus reports.

Between you and me, I am not sure just which report is the more accurate.

All I know, is the fact that the Middle East experts have continuously stated that a military solution alone is not sufficient ... a political resolution of sectarian differences must be brokered before the Iraqi government and the Iraqi people have a chance of peace - this is the ONLY thing that can ensure a safe withdrawl of our troops.