Gene Upshaw....Dead.

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
Just diagnosed with Cancer this past Sunday. Guess they were kinda late.

The Oakland Raiders mourn the passing of Raider Legend, Hall of Fame offensive guard and Executive Director of the NFL Players Association Gene Upshaw.
“The Raider Organization, the National Football League, and the world have lost a great man. Gene Upshaw’s career successes as a professional football player and a union leader are unparalleled. He is as prominent a sportsman as the world has known. He was and will remain a part of the fabric of our lives and of the Raider mystique and legacy. We loved him and he loved us. We will miss him. Our hearts go out to Terri and the boys.” — Al Davis
Upshaw, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on August 8, 1987, played for the Raiders for 15 seasons, and is the only person in NFL history to have played in Super Bowls in three different decades (Super Bowl II, Super Bowl XI and Super Bowl XV).

Howie Long would be great but I don't want him to leave Fox, love watching him on Sundays.
Besides him, Mike Singletary (even though he's currently coaching so that may keep him out but he'd be good at it), Dan Hampton, Todd Christiansen, Tedd Hendricks and Lynn Swann would be my first five recommendations.

Howie Long would be great but I don't want him to leave Fox, love watching him on Sundays.
Besides him, Mike Singletary (even though he's currently coaching so that may keep him out but he'd be good at it), Dan Hampton, Todd Christiansen, Tedd Hendricks and Lynn Swann would be my first five recommendations.
Lynn Swann the football player came off as a real pretty boy. He was TERRIFIED of the Raiders secondary.

Back