Gen. Pace: Wait for probe of Iraq deaths

Well depends on who you ask but i didn't say you spefically said "cover up". That was just the vibe i was getting from reading the posts. You shouldn't censor non sensitive info anyway, what's the point? There were enough witnesses in that town that any censorship would've been like putting your finger in the dike.

Who said there had been Marines charged? I didn't hear that. As far as I remember, the investigators want the bodies exhumed for forensic evidence such as who all died from a huge explosion and what kind of weapon killed the ones who were shot. If there had been an incident like the press is salivating over, it would have been printed in every rag in the world long before now. The Marines reported coming under fire after the explosion and were obeying the rules of engagement.

WarMachine said:
Well depends on who you ask but i didn't say you spefically said "cover up". That was just the vibe i was getting from reading the posts. You shouldn't censor non sensitive info anyway, what's the point? There were enough witnesses in that town that any censorship would've been like putting your finger in the dike.
One, your negative "vibes" count for SFA... please stick to the facts.

Two, sensitive information shouldn't be censored... did you think about that or just type the first thing that popped into your head? Honestly mate that is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. The point is it saves lives to judiciously control the information that is out for public consumption. If you don't understand that concept there is not point in continuing this conversation with you any longer.

WarMachine said:

And who exactly decides what is and isn't sensitive information? You (civilians)? The media? You guys don't know anything about military operations, how are you going to decide what is and isn't "sensitive."

Hell, the media loved to give away troop positions during OEF. They've already posted huge articles about some of our TTPs that never should have been released. So far, their respect for OPSEC isn't so hot.

Back