Gen. Pace: Wait for probe of Iraq deaths - Page 2

--

June 3rd, 2006  
WarMachine

So do soldiers get much ethics trainnig to begin with, you know at boot camp or something.
June 4th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
So do soldiers get much ethics trainnig to begin with, you know at boot camp or something.
Do a search on Army/Air Force/Navy/Marine Corps values (they all pretty much say the same things with different words), you will see that ethics and morality are at the heart of training a soldier and are hammered in from the beginning. If you notice in the article, it talks about "reinforcing" values through death by power point presentations.

The problem isn't lack of ethics or training in it and it isn't us, it is elsewhere and unfortunately, I'd probably lose my job if I shared my opinions on it.
June 4th, 2006  
bulldogg

www.armystudyguide.com is your friend Warmachine. Click on preparing for Basic and have a read.
--
June 4th, 2006  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13090111/

They are being charged. This does NOT mean they are guilty.

My opinion? This should NOT be in the press. It should be handled and the information should be censored. It does not help anyone to air this crap. In my opinion the news media are fanning the flames that are burning my brothers.
I wholeheartedly agree! The media all fall over themselves trying to give reports on this kind of stuff ad nauseum.
June 6th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13090111/

They are being charged. This does NOT mean they are guilty.

My opinion? This should NOT be in the press. It should be handled and the information should be censored. It does not help anyone to air this crap. In my opinion the news media are fanning the flames that are burning my brothers.
Whoever censors information is the enemy of freedom.
June 6th, 2006  
bulldogg

Bullspit! Only an ignorant twit would make such a specious claim. OPSEC and PERSEC are all about censoring information and controlling who knows what and it saves lives. But then I digress as you know SFA about any of this. When certain information does NO good but only serves to fuel the enemy it MUST be suppressed to save lives and take the initiative away from suicide bombers and cowards who use women and children as shields as they shirk from a stand up fight like a real man with courage of his convictions, something I think you also have trouble relating to. Freedom and liberty are not harmed in any way, shape or form through the judicious control of information.

In fact, they are served better for it. would you say that WWII worked for or against freedom from tyrrany and oppression? Of course you will answer in the affirmative unless you just want to be a total ass. During WWII all media reports were strictly controlled and it is no coincidence that it was in those days that we saw our troops with the greatest initiative on the battlefield and no one felt oppressed or denied their rights in the least. So pack it in and pull yer head out.

Just because you CAN does NOT mean you SHOULD.
June 6th, 2006  
Missileer

Loose lips sink ships. Whatever you hear here, when you leave here, leave it here.
Try walking out of a military compound with a folder marked SECRET and see what the security people do to you, they're very inventive when it comes to pain.
June 8th, 2006  
WarMachine

It wouldn't matter if it was covered up or not, it leaks because the iraqis would want to find out. The info that Time magazine gained about haditha didn't come from americans, it came from an iraqi journalist in the town who thought the whole thing was suspicious. The reason being was that old women and babies were found among the dead, and witnesses say there was shooting coming mostly from the americans.

The military didn't just now start these investigations, it was back in february when the story was published and military investigations were under way to see if this was worth further looking into, apparently it was. There is a republican congressman who is a former marine that demands that those who are responsible for killing civilians are punished.

The marine corp has a tough job over there in Iraq, and it's understandable if they're under a lot of stress, but there's no excuse for killing civilians if you snap. They are good men and i would imagine that something like this would make the corp feeling very uneasy if its image is smeared, so many of their own ranks would want to see this incident resolved. Innocent until proven guilty i say, but it does look like there are guilty parties here given the evidence.
June 8th, 2006  
PJ24

Hey guy, just a heads up, it's "Corps." Common mistake but corp is different from Corps.

As for the investigation, there was an investigation long before any story. Anytime we have an incident it is investigated. We just don't annouce it to all the world unless there's a reason to.

The media isn't looking for truth, they just want a story.
June 8th, 2006  
bulldogg

WM, I didn't say anything about covering it up, I said it should be censored. Big difference.