Gee... as if I didn't have any reason to loose more faith in Government...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
You may want to look at HR.1302, which passed the House and is heading towards the Senate.

I’ll summarize it for you: the United States has to end world poverty. 7% of our GDP has to be allocated to this end.

Feel free to contact your Senators. The relevant bill is S.2433.

Screw the rest of the world. I DON'T BUST MY ASS WORKING SO SOME BUM OVERSEAS GETS MY MONEY!

I'm all for helping the starving poor and all but give me a break. Best way we can help half of them is by cutting off the funds. Half of these nation's are the way they are because they see no need to be productive nations. It's simple. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

+1. I'm there with you. We need to fix our problems at home first, then we can worry about the rest of the world.

America is facing huge problems right now on a LOT of fronts.
The mortgage crisis.
Underfunded schools.
Extremely expensive military operations.
And I'm sure there's more that I haven't heard of. I don't see how throwing money out the window on feel good projects is going to help anyone. You know those handouts to the poor countries etc? It is all a waste. The only people who TRULY benefit from these are corrupt officials and armed gangs who depend on the shipments to stay in power and wealth.

Living in THE country where we spend most of our money for unemployed poor people in and outside our country i would support you BUT from a historical viewpoint we have caused too much destruction and suffering (slavery colonization, Crusades, delicery of weaopons, World wars with huge effects on other countries...) that we cannot sit back now and concentrate on our own "little" problems which are mostly nothing compared to death by famine or daily violence on the streets...
think about it guys

Can we help OUR OWN starving people first? Like the rapidly increasing amounts of foreclosed upon homeless people in Cleveland?

Living in THE country where we spend most of our money for unemployed poor people in and outside our country i would support you BUT from a historical viewpoint we have caused too much destruction and suffering (slavery colonization, Crusades, delicery of weaopons, World wars with huge effects on other countries...) that we cannot sit back now and concentrate on our own "little" problems which are mostly nothing compared to death by famine or daily violence on the streets...
think about it guys

I dunno about you, but I never felt responsible for the actions of my ancestors, and I sure as hell don't feel any need to atone for their sins.

I only worry about our problems. In fact I think the world would hate the west a lot less if we stopped intervening in every single development in the 3rd world like world police.

Back