Gear - Page 2

--

January 15th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I was thinking stuff like this. I made it myself. I'd be happy to make others if you like this one Redleg.

Give me your feedback guys.
January 15th, 2004  
Pogue

deleted
January 15th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Edited:

If a real Ranger came on this board he would have a way to show he is. I was thinking about using the symbol system to show your stats and stuff (like if you're airborne). What do you think?
--
January 15th, 2004  
Redneck

I don't think it would be a problem unless someone got overly sensitive about it. I mean, I have an Armored Cav symbol, and I haven't received my branch yet, it's just what I am hoping to become, so technically you could put me in the same category. If you wanted only those items that had been actually earned by the member to show, you would have to remove our rank as well, and in fact only about half the active members have any real quals, let alone rank, so this would be a very bare board, and all the things that you all requested would be wasted.
Take it more as a sign of respect that someone admires something/someone (say the Rangers) and wants to show that with an icon. I highly doubt anyone will take this for anymore than what it is.
January 15th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

You're right Redneck. I think my screenname tells a little something about what i think of Rangers I wouldn't wear one because I got this thing going that I feel I need to earn everything, I dunno. I'm feeling very contradictory right now. Its different on a forum then wearing a Ranger tab on your uniform.

But anyway, no one has actually commented on the way the tab I made looks. Feedback?
January 15th, 2004  
Redneck

I think it looks good.
January 15th, 2004  
Pogue

Future: Just for reference, I meant no hard feelings by that comment. I'm just used to a lot stricter environment in the army I guess. It's good that you want to become a Ranger; once I commission, I too want to get that golden tab.
January 15th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

None taken. The best of luck to you
January 15th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
I was thinking stuff like this. I made it myself. I'd be happy to make others if you like this one Redleg.

Give me your feedback guys.
Looks good.
If you have any more suggestions, you can mail them to me, and I'll see what I can do.

I guess some real rangers can be offended if you use the ranger tab without being one, but it should be possible to make two kind of shops, one for things you are, and one for things you want to be...

What do you think about that?
January 15th, 2004  
Tessa

No horsie?

And about the Ranger tab.. That sounds good think..