Gday everyone!

Kilgore

After reading this forum, i must say it is very interesting out here and the community seems friendly.

So a little about myself...

Im 18, from Australia (Melbourne) and im currently on my way to recruitment in the Australian Army. I have applied for officer entry and have completed several apptitude tests, but soon will do medical and psychological examinations. Im not sure if i am the leader type, but im willing to give it a go and if the guys at the recruitment branch don't think i have the qualities needed to be an officer, i'll still go for general entry. My main passion is to be in the armoured corps and im excited to hear about the M1abrams coming into Australia. I hope that one day drive, if not command one of these on the field.

lol, I find alot of mixed views on Aussie women. Well im glad to see you have a positive view about them. :D

I've noticed a lot of Australians are actively participating the forums. That is a good sign. Hello there.

Thanks alot for the friendly welcomes everyone. The name Kilgore is from the movie "Apocolypse now". Lt. Colonel Kilgore is that crazy guy who loves napalm.

You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory..... Some day this war's gonna end...

:firedevi:

"You either Surf, or you fight!"

To be honest, i found this forum using google. I guess thats where most members are coming from.

By the way, im having difficulties showing my avatar. I uploaded a picture of kilgore and there was no issue. Unfortunatly it isn't showing in the forum itself :(.

Welcome Kilgore. Great name, it was once the only city in the area of East Texas that I'm from that sold beer and liquor.

Welcome "Kilgore" I hope you make it into the Army either as an officer or general entry. Some words of advice do not go Tanks as they have not been deployed since Veitnam you are better of going to a Cav unit either in Townsville or Darwin. Like the old RSMA said "The most un loved unit in the Army is the Armoured Regt" Just some more food for thought.

Kilgore said:
"You either Surf, or you fight!"

To be honest, i found this forum using google. I guess thats where most members are coming from.

By the way, im having difficulties showing my avatar. I uploaded a picture of kilgore and there was no issue. Unfortunatly it isn't showing in the forum itself :(.

hey kilgore

good to have another ANZAC on the forum

you have to buy the avatar privilage from the milforum PX. using you milbuck which you earn every post

hey kilgore
great to see another aussie in here, and another melburnian at that!!!
good luck with getting into the army mate

gday all

I know the armoured units have never really been deployed that much but i believe that once the M1abrams come in, that will possibly change. Personally i would feel safer in an M1 instead of a ASLAV in a combat situation. Then again, if i dislike being in tanks, well then i can be transfered into a cavalry regiment.

Back