Gaza pull out puts the ball in the Palestinians' court

Duty Honor Country

Israel definitely was thinking deep when she decided to pull out of Gaza. The pull out showed the world that Israel was finally willing to compromise with the Palestinians and take the first steps in creating a Palestinian State. Any violence from the Palestinians would show that there is no hope for peace as long as there are armed militants inside Gaza.

And now it is happening. From what I have gathered, a truck militants and weapons exploded during a Palestinian celebration of Israel's pullout. THere is absolutely no evidence of Israeli involvement in that explosion which killed 15. It seems Hamas used the explosion as a reason to attack Israel with rockets which injured 5 Israelis.. Israel has struck back with air strikes and deployed artillery on the Gaza border.

In my opinion, Israel has the right to strike back. THe Hamas attacks also show that there will not be peace nor a Palestinian State until the militants are brought under control and disarmed.

My news comes from google news

I would first like to say my congratulations to Israel for at least finally underscoring for all the world their sincerity in desiring peace. If any person or nation had doubt of that before they should have none now. Sadly, what is also proven is the terrorists' desire for fear, suffering, and death even if it's their own people to achieve their wish for war.

Abbas was clear in his condemnation of Hamas' action:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3146576,00.html

Netanyahu had some interesting comments:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3146591,00.html

I agree with you guys about Israel's wise move. One thing only: Official version has it that it was an accident, I don't believe so and the Palestinian leadership's first comments are there to prove it.
Just one little thing let me add: They will keep blaming the Israelis for their "orchestrated efforts" to put the Palestinians under a bad light. I know how far these conspirators can go, they also said Israel actually killed Hariri the Lebanese.

It is not possible for Israel to have peace. These groups attacking her have no desire for peace. They have one aim, the complete destruction of the jewish state and all that live within her. This has given Israel the moral high ground and is taking away the excuses of the terrorists within the Palestinians. I feel the most for the citizens of Palestine who truly want peace but are powerless in the face of an armed and well funded militant group of thugs who continue to take an eye for an eye.

The human race is doomed.

I am seeing a few good signs coming from the PA. It may be somewhat insignificant in the grand sceme of things, but it is a step in the right direction

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip -- The Palestinian security forces will stand tough against armed groups, their spokesman said Monday, a day after the most violent internal clash in Gaza in nearly a decade.

Three Palestinians were killed and 50 were wounded in running gunbattles Sunday between police and the Islamic militant Hamas group...

READ MORE

Back