Gays in military? - Page 2

--

June 15th, 2005  
Doppleganger

This is such a ridiculous question that it shouldn't even be a question. Gay guys are not all stereotypical flaming pansies that like to dress up in panties and little dresses, and wear make-up. They are just normal guys like you and I. Some of them are *******s just like some straight guys are *******s. They are just people and their sexual orientation should not matter one bit.

My favourite soldier of all time is Heinz Guderian. If I found out that he was in fact a closet homosexual it would not change my opinion of him one iota.
June 15th, 2005  
SHERMAN

I have to agree. As long as a person is a good and trust worthy one, I don't give a damn what are his sexual prefrences.
June 15th, 2005  
AussieNick

As long as they are good soldiers, and being gay doesn't affect their work, or the work of their collegues, then it isn't a problem.
--
June 15th, 2005  
Entoxy

Topic: Gays?

i dont see any reason to not let them be in the Military, just dont try to bring some of the homosexual acts into it. there is alot of straight people in the Military and dislike alot of gays. but aslong as they dont try to make out with other men right there , doesnt bother me.
June 16th, 2005  
bulldogg

MI Blues, I happened to know of more than a couple such marriages. One for sure that admitted to me and some other close friends that yes, it was a "contract marriage". It provided a buffer of proof to hedge up against any accusations of them being homosexual AND they got increased benefits from being married with off post BAQ etc.
June 18th, 2005  
canadianpatriot

In canada the military dosen't care if your gay or not , the canadian military had it's first gay wedding at an army base in Greenwood Nova Scotia(I think it's Nova scotia) not to long ago
June 18th, 2005  
RedLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcia
I see no reason to ban them, despite what some Politicians (*CoughMaineCough*)
Im from Maine, And that is exaclly it the politics, any other way and we would have gay mariage. Politics suck. People are Ignorent.

Anyways, if they want to serve let them. Its there contrie too.
June 19th, 2005  
Missileer

The US mada a big mistake by not letting blacks serve in combat roles during WWII. I hope we've learned a lesson about pretty much everyone being patriotic and if they want to bear arms, let them.
June 19th, 2005  
Shadowalker

Im not sure what the status of gay people is in the british armed forces, dont think ive ever read anything bout it? anybody know?
June 28th, 2005  
BennettNC_156

Mod Edit: Please try to be a little more polite. Actually, don't try, just do it!

You guys have to be truthful, while you were showering in basic, would you want a gay guy in their with you? No. Not unless you yourself are gay.