Gays in military? - Page 10

--

November 15th, 2006  
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JOEJK
There you go, what I was saying...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...50/bug_chasers

Are you sure you want guys like this in your foxhole?

......holy.....****......

i'd rather jump into the enemy's foxhole thankyou very much....

but as has been said, if they can hold a gun and shoot straight then let em join.
November 15th, 2006  
Big_Z

You meet MANY questionable people in the Infantry....
November 22nd, 2006  
Redleg

I'm re-opening this thread again now, but stay on topic and keep the discussion civil and clean from now on.
Infractions and/or bans will be given to anyone going out of line.
This is your first and only warning.

Thanks, now please carry on.
--
November 23rd, 2006  
sunb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
You meet MANY questionable people in the Infantry....
So you do in the civvie street...

As long as the person is reliable, knows how to handle his weapon and can operate in all conditions his/hers sexual preference is of no interest. I have served with people that for some is considered questionable but they turned out to be eccentric and nothing else.
November 24th, 2006  
bulldogg

I believe this is a very culturally biased issue and that as long as there remains in the US a sizeable portion of our population which are homophobic to some degree or other it WILL cause a morale and unit cohesion problem.
November 24th, 2006  
sunb!

That is true, bulldogg.
November 24th, 2006  
Big_Z

My comment was intended as a joke, the comments you hear in a average rifle company would make your average flamer cringe.
November 24th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
I believe this is a very culturally biased issue and that as long as there remains in the US a sizeable portion of our population which are homophobic to some degree or other it WILL cause a morale and unit cohesion problem.
That was an argument used at the start of WWII and probably every war before and, to some degree, since. About blacks.
November 25th, 2006  
bulldogg

Very aware of that boss. I am not arguing one way or the other on the issue. It was meant as a simple statement of fact. Put a queen in an infantry unit and who wants to take bets as to the trouble it will without a doubt cause? My argument is that DoD, SecDef or POTUS need to grow a spine and make a clear and concise decision one way or another on this because as it stands it is not viable.
November 25th, 2006  
Missileer

BD, I think some gays would fit in without a problem but like you say the swishers are never going to adapt to military life for many reasons. The sooner the poli-correct crowd admit that, the better off all will be.