Gasoline Prices?

Missileer

There are several stations around our little town that are selling gas for $1.58. It's not one of those bait/switch tricks. It's been like that since Friday. I heard on the news that the storage tanks are full, both oil and gas. They say that speculators had the price inflated because the big oil companies say that oil should be $36.00 per barrel. When gas hit $3.00/gal, people curtailed travel so much that supplies are outpacing demand so much that some refinerys are idle.

Is anyone else experiencing this elsewhere?

Have you seen the recent earnings reports of the big oil companies?
Earnings are way up. I wonder why? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

we are right around $2.20 here in Tennessee.

Did anyone else see that Exxon is not going to put one dime of that 10 billion into alternative fuels?

In this same report, one of the big companies, probably Exxon, said that they had nothing to do with the price that gasoline sells for but make a huge profit because of the speculation. I wouldn't put much hope on their reinvesting into research.

I filled up on Thursday at $2.34 and thought that would be the lowest we would see for a year or more. So do we blame the investors in oil futures or just who? The Mobils and Exxons are just reaping the rewards of inflated prices and oil producers set prices on what the speculator is willing to buy on margin. I can see a lot of investors being stuck with futures that they bought at $60.00/barrel when the adjustment sets prices at $36.00/barrel. That ought to cool inflation for a long while.

Well, my Wife just got home and told me that she filled up at the Quick-Stop down the street and the owner said that he was going back up to $2.20. I'm glad we both filled up.

Wow..... 1.58? I just got a sigh of relief when 93 dropped down to 2.49 last week. Now I can actually get 4 gallons with 10 bucks :D

We are paying $1.2799AUD per litre where I live which I still think is good. So you guys are getting it really cheap. So I would be paying about $5.75955AUD per gallon. working on a gallon is 4.5 litres.

Yep, filled up for 2.23 today! I was extatic!

Yeah... Ever had one of those moments where you just stop and think... if I was to take a picture of me being extatic about $2.23 gas and time travel to show it to my 5-year-ago self... what would he think about the present me? "THIS IS YOU IN THE FUTURE! YOU'RE DANCING IN THE STREETS FOR 2.23 GAS AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!"

Oh, that's sad.

1,59 USD for 1 liter 95 unleaded in my small town which is considered a bargain these days

Edit: 7.15 pr gallon compared to you guys

I don't know about the US or other countries, but over here the price is higher on Fridays and drops quite rapidly during Saturday and Sunday making Sunday afternoon and Monday morning the cheapest days to buy petrol. The prices on Friday gives a very good identification on the price the following week. But that's why it is called marked economics, isn't it?

Around campus in northern virginia i'm lookin' at between $2.35 -$2.40 per gallon for regular. sure beats the $3.20 of earlier this month.

I dont mean to sound critical of Americans here, but dudes get a life please your paying between a dollar and two and a half dollars for 4.5 litres of fuel, we have to pay between 93 and 98 pence for 1 litre which works out at £4.65 - £4.90 a gallon.
At current conversion thats between $8.21 - $8.65 so stop complaining your not getting it all that bad ok thank you

zyonchaos said:
I dont mean to sound critical of Americans here, but dudes get a life please your paying between a dollar and two and a half dollars for 4.5 litres of fuel, we have to pay between 93 and 98 pence for 1 litre which works out at £4.65 - £4.90 a gallon.
At current conversion thats between $8.21 - $8.65 so stop complaining your not getting it all that bad ok thank you

Exactly my point, I have been saying this on the boards for years. In Italy we pay $ 5.46 a gallon. Come on.

Back