Gasoline Prices?

Corocotta said:
Hey, you americans shouldn´t complain about gas prizes. Here in Europe one liter costs more that 1.5 dollars :cry:

Do you even own a car? I doubt it. Mass Transit is more economical in Europe than in America, in cities like New York, Boston, Los Angeles, cities where people are literally living on top of one another it is worth the cost to build such systems. But in most of America the population is too far spread out to make mass transit systems possible. Even when gas was over $3 a gallon I was telling everyone who would listen that gas was cheap citing Britain as an example. Of course I don't drive a gas guzzling SUV and don't leave my car sitting outside for 20 minutes with the heater running in the winter so that I don't have to wear my coat in the car.

Corocotta said:
Have you ever been to Europe? Not all europe are big cities. people here also live spred.

America's Population: 295,734,134
European Union's Pop.: 456,953,258

America's Land Area: 9,161,923 sq km
European Union's Land Area: 3,976,372 sq km

America's Population Density: 32.28 p/km^2
Euopean Union's Pop. Density: 114.92 p/km^2

I don't doubt that there are small cities in Europe, what I do doubt is that people are as far flung in Europe as they are here in America and I am pretty sure that Europe's big cities are also far closer together than America's big cites, which also explains why it is economical for Europe to build these expensive rail networks with brand new "bullet trains" while AMTRAK is in danger of going bancrupt, mainly because they are trying to maintain a nation wide network even though the northeast is the region that most heavily relies on AMTRAK and it has the highest population density, coincidence?

Back